cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating CCM 2.0 to SRM-MDM catalog 3.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have to migrate from CCM 2.0 to SRM-MDM 3.0. Can anyone let me know the steps involved in it.

Any notes, or guide would be really helpful. I knwo this is not a standrad process as per SAP's upgrade guides.

Regards,

Gautam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gautam,

Since SRM-MDM Catalog is a new functionality, it would be a fresh implementation. There is no direct upgrade/migration from CCM to MDM. Please follow SAP Supplier Relationship Management 7.0: SRM-MDM Catalog (Catalog Content Management) document in SAP Service Market Place.

However, please check SAP Note # 1376770 for CCM to SRM MDM Catalog data migration. SAP has provide a custome report to extract the CCM catalogs in XML format and you can upload the data into MDM.

Important:

1. The migration solution is consulting. This means that the migration solution will avail no standard support.

2. The solution migrates data from CCM2.0 (Basis 640 and 700) to SRM-MDM Catalog 2.0 and higher. The same report cannot

migrate data from CCM1.0.

Thanks,

Anshuk Saxena

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just implement SRM-MDM Catalog as new. Then migrate the contents from CCM to SRM-MDM Catalog.

The way for migrating contents depends on where your original contents come from.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

I have already installed, configured SRM-MDM 3.0 catalog and intialized the look up table. I want to know if there is a Catalog aministration tool in SRM-MDM whcih can be integrated with Enterprise Portal. Yes i know there is a EP Business package , but thats only for Web Approval process thru Iviews. I want to know about a tool whcih can be used a Data manager creating and publishing multiple catalogs, similar to the catalog admin tool in CCM.

Thanks and regards,

Gautam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gautam,

There is no publication tool in SRM-MDM Catalog. Once catalog items are imported into the repository, they are available for shopping. In external web service, you can define masks (view) so that until you assigne mask to catalog items, they will not be visible to end users for shopping. Also, you can use staging mechanism of Check-in Check-out functionality where checked-out items are not availalbe until they are checed-in.

Thanks,

Anshuk Saxena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshuk,

Agree there is no Publishing tool. This means the the Administartor in the customer side have to be trained for MDM data manager to create and handle records.

In CCM the customer had the facility for creating Catalogs, sub-categories in the Catalogs and then assign Items to the Catalogs.

I guess the only way data can be managed in SRM-MDM is by MDM data manager and then configure the masks, namedsearches to make the end-user see the list as per business requirement. CORRECT..?

Gautam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Gautam. We have two ways. One is to assign the mask/named search so that it will be available to end user. Second is to use Check-In/Check-oit functionality. If at the time of importing catalog tems, you select Check Out option, records will be in Checked-out state i.e. not available to end-user if you already assigned them masks/named search. This functionality is useful when you are updating your catalog so that you can compare new record with original record and can decide to check-in the new items or roll-back the changes.

Thanks,

Anshuk Saxena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa / Anshuk,

I have done all the steps on Note : 1376770 , except that I am not able to proceed through the Step in Import manager of Uploading the XSD . In my import manager there is no value-XSD in the dropdown whcih has XML, XML schema and excel, but no XSD.

what are the other parameters to be selected in the Import manager to upload the XSD import map : CCM_MDM_Migration.xsd .

Regards,

Gautam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gautam,

Log in to SAP MDM Console and then in to your SRM-MDM Repository. Go to Admin and then XML Schemas. Right click on any XML schema available and select "Add XML Schema". System will ask you for path where you have CCM_MDM_Migration.xsd. Upload your XSD file in this way.

Cheers,

Anshuk Saxena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshuk,

Thanks... I have added the Schema to the XML schemas and trying to upload all the items that i downloaded from CCM as XML.

I am trying to upload it to the Catalog items destination table, and have AUTOMAPPED the items. But i dont get the " ! " highlighted in the Import Status tab, for me to make successful import.

I tried playing with the mapping and extending some more fields from the Source XML to CAtalog items destination table, but no success. Any clue on this.

Rgds,

Gautam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gautam,

Check the import actions under Matching Tab. By default they are set to skip action. Change them to Create/Update as per you requirement.

Thanks,

Anshuk Saxena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshuk,

That was the first thing i did, changed it to " Create" still the import status button is not activated.

, I see the Match level and Match Type both are " NONE" . Is that the reason.

Regards,

Gautam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gautam,

Let me know what message you are getting in Import tab. Ther should be a message under Ready to Import. It will tell you if some field value is not mapped. Match Level & Match Type None means there is no record matching with the records you are uploading. Default action should be Create so that MDM create new records in the repository.

Thanks,

Anshuk Saxena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshuk ,

the message i am geting is .. " Map 'MSS Hierarchy Price' field to import qualifier(s) "

I guess this means to map the MSS hiearchy field on the destination side to some field of similar type on the Source side ..

Correct..? wht can be the possible solution?

Rgds,

Gautam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshuk,

I have been able to resolve the Mappings,, but Only record from the XML is going through and i can see that in DAta manager.

Is there any syntactical problem, of the Mapping not allowing it to go through. Is there any standard mapping rules , so that Fields on the destination whcih cant be AUtomapped can be taken care of.

Thanks for ur kind help.

Regards,

Gautam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gautam,

Check you matching keys. If it is not unique then system will upload only 1 item. For example, I am using Supplier & Supplier Part Number combination as a matching key. So if I have 50 records/catalog items, it should have 50 different supplier part numbers.

Thanks,

Anshuk Saxena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshuk,

I ahve been able to migrate the items from CCM to SRM-MDM successfully.

Thanks for your co-operation.

I have a query though. Currently to make different "catalogs" out of the items in the repository i am using NAMEDSEARCHES.

Wht exactly is the purpose of the sub-table " Catalogs" visible in the MDM console. I guess its for integrating Supplier catalogs and thier credentials.

Correct me if i am wrong.?

Rgds,

Gautam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gautam,

In SRM-MDM Config UI, you have option to make the Selection List view availalbe as per Categories, Suppliers, Catalogs etc. So if in you business scenario, you are using the functionality of Selection List, you can maintain the Catalogs entry where you need to define Catalog Name, Catalog ID and Supplier responsilble for that catalogs. Generally, in business scenario if you have one catalog and multiple vendor, you have to maintain the Catalog ID unique.

Thanks,

Anshuk Saxena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gautam,

We are doing a SRM upgrade from SRM 3.0 to SRM 7.0.

Previously we are using Requisite Bugeye catalog.

In SRM 7.0 ,we have to implement SRM -MDM Catalogue version 3.0 .we have installed Portal.

we have downloaded the following packages. can you confirm whether this is corrrect

SAP MDM CATALOG MGMT 3.0/NW701

Location in market place

Installations and Upgrades à SAP SRM Catalog à SAP MDM CATALOG MGMT 3.0/NW701

à Installation and Upgrade

DVD Number à 51037262

folder

Catalog_UI

File we found there

SRMMDMCAT02P_04.SCA

Please tell us the steps how to install SRM -MDM catalogue 3.0

Regards

G.Ganesh Kumar