cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Product Developement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

is there any process in QM Module to cater the New product development or R & D processes . A process which cover the development phase of product.

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, not really.

SAP is not designed for R&D work, it was designed for business end.

A lot however depends on your industry. What is considered a new product in the paint industry is not the same as what's considered a new product in the pharmaceutical industry. Is a new package or label a new product? In Pharma it often is.

Is a minor spec change a new product? In some industries it might be. It might depend on which test spec if changing.

MM has a lot of capability around creating new material masters and release strategies. So it depends on what you are looking for on the QM side. Your question is not really detailed enough to provide a detailed answer.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

I totally agree with FF, the definition differs from industry to industry. As your question is not in detail may not get the specific answers you are looking for. But, with the available features you can map your scenarios into the QM module. And also it is worth to look at the solutions provided by PLM module, again it depends on industry you are working for.But, PLM has some excellent features for new product development.

Thanks,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

well i m working in some confectionery and biscuit manufacturing company and we frequently make new product base on customer demand i need a solution for the work done by Quality or R & D department for the development of product

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can set up a series of experimental material numbers that you use over and over again. You can change the description to reflect the current product. I.e. "EXPER 1 - Rum Cake". When your done with that, edit it back to "EXPER 1 -"

Depending on how many batch classes you have, you might want to have an experimental material set up for each class, or at least for the most commonly used ones.

Assign an inspection plan to the material. You'll modify and tune the inspection plan until its correct. When the product is developed, create a new material number, (maybe by copying the experimental one). Then delete all assignments to the inspection plan and reassign it to the new material number.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

for me its quite tough is there any other option

also in the above case how to get the reports about the materials

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Again, its not set up for R&D. If you want to have reports then you'll need to probably create a new material for each new product your testing.

If you can reuse the same material, you can assign the different plans as I suggested. You then run your reports based on the task list assigned. Just like with an SPC characteristic where you can have the criterion based on task list.

FF