Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

external number for material type verp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

i have a question for you.

i have to create a material type verp with a specific number.

when i try to create the material the system tells me that no external number range can be used for material type verp.

the strange thing is that this kind of materials were already created with this numbering, so it's strange.

i used SPRO> Logistics General>Material Master>basic settings>material types-->Define Number Ranges of Each material Types.

and i see that for my number range there is not ths thick on ext and the number range are different.

how can i now create a new number range with ext. number and assign it to verp?

thanks for your suggestion.

C.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can create number range for group not for material type direclty.

create a new group. allocate the material type to that group. and maintan number range for that group.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

how can i create a new group? in mmnr?

the number range can be transported in all the client? or they are client specific so i have to do the operation for all the client?

thanks

C.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

IN MMNR trx you can able to maintain a new group by selecting the change group tab and in the next screen go for the creation by selecting the Group insert function provided in the header menu.

Regards,

velu

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi thanks,

only one more question, i have created in the development client the ext. num range. transported it all ok.

in test client i have my num range, assigned it to the group all ok.

now trasported it in to poduction, but i cannot assign it to the group. it seems that there is another group inserted so i have 2 number range, how can i delete one of this and replace it with my range?

thanks

C,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

if you want to delete the number range of one group for the material type, in the same trx MMNR, you can do this by selecting the particular material type of the group and going out for the option maintain under the header menu, here you can delete the number change which you dont want.

Regards,

velu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i tried but i have the error message "the number range interval with number 12 must be external" and i can not mantain this.

do you know if there is a block to delete?

in test client i can do this action.

thanks

C.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> i tried but i have the error message "the number range interval with number 12 must be external" and i can not mantain this.

> do you know if there is a block to delete?

> in test client i can do this action.

>

> thanks

> C.

First the number ranges are never transported to other client. Second you do not delete number ranges already existing as may be they are assigned to some other group. Check what number ranges are already existing, and which group your existing number range is assigned to. Then insert your material type in that group, and now your material type will start using this number range as well.

Edited by: Afshad Irani on Jun 23, 2010 5:36 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i didnt get you what you are saying? can you explain me in detail.

Regards,

velu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi To All,

thanks for the support. i have solved the problem. the material was under a different group and did not notice it.

thanks a lot for the suggestions now i all is clear and in the future i will not have problems

thanks

C.

Answers (0)