Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

SNC Single Sign-On - SSPI u2u problem error

Dear all,

I have enable the SNC - SSO function in SAP R/3 system but once I via the SAP GUI logon, it will show the error message "SSPI u2u-problem: please add Service principal for targe target="p:username<at>domain name", please see the details as below;

Information: SAP server - Windows 2003 64 bit

Client - Windows 7 32 bit with SAP GUI 710 SP15

I have two questions on this issue, please see as below;

Q1. Set the "snc/gssapi_lib" in SAP server, if set to use "gssapi32.dll", the SAP service can startup. When set to use "gsskrb5.dll" or "gx64krb5.dll", the SNC is failed and then SAP service cannot startup - message server stopped

I should use the file "gssapi32.dll" or "gsskrb5.dll" or "gx64krb5.dll" in server?

Q2. the SNC name in "SAP GUI Logon", once I via the GUI logon, the system show the error "SSPI u2u-problem: please add Service principal for targe target="p:username<at>domain name"

Please see my setting as below for details

SAP Server - Profile Setting

snc/enable = 1

snc/data_protection/use = 1

snc/gssapi_lib = c:\usr\sap\APP\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\gssapi32.dll

snc/accept_insecure_gui = U

snc/identity/as = p:<sid>adm@DomainName

User Maintain - SU01 SNC Name

SNC Name in SAP user account - p:DomainName\UserName ( p:ABC.AD\ALEX.LO )

Windows Server Environment Variables

- SNC_LIB = c:\usr\sap\APP\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\gssapi32.dll

Client Side - SAP Logon

1. Select the item "Activate Secure Network Communication" in Network page of SAP GUI

2. Entry the SNC Name "p:alex.lo@DomainName" and select "Max Sec Setting Available"

Windows Server Environment Variables

- SNC_LIB = c:\Windows\System32\gsskrb5.dll

Please help me to resolve the error "SSPI u2u-problem: please add Service principal " and review the SNC name is correct or not, I'm no idea to resolve it, thank you!

Regards,

Alex

Edited by: Alex Lo - BCA on Jun 23, 2010 11:09 AM

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question