Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are my logs ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am usign XMii 12.0 - but my background is with 11.5

I am confused by logging in xMii 12.0

I understand the Action Blocks, what I dont understand is where the logs are now located,

I created a simple transaction and put in an Event logger.

I ran this transaction (in the workbench) but I cant find the message I logged anywhere in the log file.

I went to

Sap Netweavevr Administrator

Monitoring

Logs and traces

In my "View List" there are a number of options

SAP logs

Last 24 hours

Alert

Default Trace

Text Formatted Traces

Expert

Archives

Standalone Log Viewer

Does anyone know where these are documented?

And where my "Event Logger" message should appear

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris,

if there are no errors in your transaction, the event log entry will appear in most logs. However you might not see it, depending on the log level you have set and the define event type in your action. If you have set the event type to INFO (default) and you only display errors in your logs, you won't see it.

Try to set the event type to ERROR and see if it appears in the logs.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

I set the step up with the following :

Event Type : "ERROR

Source : "UserEvent"

I ran this (Multiple times) and I still cant see anythign in my logs.

Do i need to configure something somewhere ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris,

if you open SAP Logs for example, what entries are displayed? What severity is used? Are there entries with Category like "/Application/XMII/..."?

The event that you described should create an entry with a Message "[UserEvent] : Test" and Category "/Application/XMII/Xacute/Event".

If there are many events logged, you can use "Open Search" to find specific entries. Search by "Message contains userevent".

If there are only a few events logged, check the settings in the "Configuration > Log Configuration". Open "Logging Categories" and check the settings of Subtree "Root Category > Applications > XMII > Xacute". What is the Minimun - Maximum Severity?

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

Now I feel like I am getting somewhere

I dont have "XMII > Xacute" under "Root Category > Applications "

Is this something I need to create or something that is configurable somewhere else ???

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris,

have you tried to create the missing category in Netwaver "Configuration > Log Configuration > Logging Categories" ? In my view there is a button "Create Category". Try to create "...Applications > XMII > Xacute".

Have you tried the Predefined View "Expert", selecting "applications.log" from the "Display Log File" field? This is another possibility to open the applications.log.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Success!!!

I created the Categories (including an events node) and this seemed to create a new View in the logs window which included the xmii logs.

I am still confused as to how it all fits together but happy that I can now see my logs.

Thanks Michael