cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

access directory in remote server via SAP GUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts:

My servers are with windows server 2003 OS, I want to access directories in a remote server via SAP GUI(in tcode AL11).

I have shared the directory in the remote server, and grant full control authrization to everyone. Then I map a driver to the shared diretory on SAP server,and I can open the diretory successfully. But when I add this diretory to SAP-directories(through tcode AL11), I can't open it in SAP GUI, when I doudle click on this directory, the error message occurs on the status bar:"Wrong order of calls <- CALL opendir: Not a directory(,,..)"

How can I fix this problem? Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vincentlim826
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

- try explicitly assigning to the local user of the production system read/write permissions in the domain path, and make sure domain_name\SAPService<SID> is a local admin on both systems, the source and destination system.

- make sure you're able to access the UNC path on the OS level , i.e
server-name\shared-resource-pathname

- see also SAP Notes #117395 & #639045

Regards,

Vincent

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all.

This problem is fixed. I create sidadm and SAPserviceSID users in file server with the same password in SAP server,and now I can access it. So the problem is authrization.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I have shared the directory in the remote server, and grant full control authrization to everyone. Then I map a driver to the shared diretory on SAP server,and I can open the diretory successfully.

Please note:

Driver letters are user dependent. So if you map the drive as administrator or <sid>adm it's not available for user SAPService<SID> (the user running the SAP system).

So the best thing to access directory is using UNC names like

\\<servername>\<share>

not drive letters.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The approach what you have followed is fine. But, anyway after mapping the remote server directory as a local drive in SAP Server are you able to access it and while mapping with what ID did you map the driver and is that ID having full access for that directory.

Also, check for any network or port issues since you are saying it is a remote server like. Make sure for the ID which you are using in SAP for accessing AL11 has access for S_DATASET object and with appropriate values.

Regards,

Sharath