Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

com.sap.security.core.ume.service failed. J2EE Engine cannot be started

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have configured SNC on NetWeaver 7.0 (ABAP+JAVA) System on Windows 2003 Server with MS-SQL 2005 Database.

After the SNC configuration restarted the Server but the JAVA Server process is going down with EXIT Code -11113. The SNC Configuration is working fine but JAVA is not running. SDM and dispatcher are in green but server process is going gray.

I have checked the log files under C:\usr\sap\SID\DVEBMGS00\j2ee\cluster\server0\log

The following is the part of log file.

#1.5#005056BA6C3F001D0000000F000008D8000489ACAFC86070#1277274683393#com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner##com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner#######SAPEngine_System_Thread[impl:5]_71##0#0#Error#1#/System/Server#Java###Core service com.sap.security.core.ume.service failed. J2EE Engine cannot be started.

[EXCEPTION]

#1#com.sap.engine.frame.ServiceException: <Localization failed: ResourceBundle='com.sap.engine.frame.KernelResourceBundle', ID='UME initialization failed.', Arguments: []> : Can't find resource for bundle java.util.PropertyResourceBundle, key UME initialization failed.

at com.sap.security.core.server.ume.service.UMEServiceFrame.start(UMEServiceFrame.java:372)

at com.sap.engine.frame.ApplicationFrameAdaptor.start(ApplicationFrameAdaptor.java:31)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner.startApplicationServiceFrame(ServiceRunner.java:214)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner.run(ServiceRunner.java:144)

at com.sap.engine.frame.core.thread.Task.run(Task.java:64)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:79)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:105)

Caused by: com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.PersistenceException: SNC required for this connection

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.R3PersistenceBase.newPersistenceException(R3PersistenceBase.java:178)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.R3PersistenceBase.init(R3PersistenceBase.java:446)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactoryInstance.<init>(PrincipalDatabagFactoryInstance.java:356)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactory.newInstance(PrincipalDatabagFactory.java:156)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactory.getInstance(PrincipalDatabagFactory.java:109)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactory.getInstance(PrincipalDatabagFactory.java:56)

at com.sap.security.core.InternalUMFactory.initializeUME(InternalUMFactory.java:266)

at com.sap.security.core.server.ume.service.UMEServiceFrame.start(UMEServiceFrame.java:279)

... 6 more

#

#1.5#005056BA6C3F001D00000011000008D8000489ACAFC8628E#1277274683393#com.sap.engine.core.Framework##com.sap.engine.core.Framework#######SAPEngine_System_Thread[impl:5]_71##0#0#Fatal#1#/System/Server#Plain###Critical shutdown was invoked. Reason is: Core service com.sap.security.core.ume.service failed. J2EE Engine cannot be started.#

Please help me to solve the issue.

Thanks,

Ajay.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor

> #1.5#005056BA6C3F001D0000000F000008D8000489ACAFC86070#1277274683393#com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner##com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner#######SAPEngine_System_Thread[impl:5]_71##0#0#Error#1#/System/Server#Java###Core service com.sap.security.core.ume.service failed. J2EE Engine cannot be started.

> [EXCEPTION]

> #1#com.sap.engine.frame.ServiceException: <Localization failed: ResourceBundle='com.sap.engine.frame.KernelResourceBundle', ID='UME initialization failed.', Arguments: []> : Can't find resource for bundle java.util.PropertyResourceBundle, key UME initialization failed.

When does this problem happen? Is this the first start? What happened prior to this error?

Markus

18 REPLIES 18

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor

> #1.5#005056BA6C3F001D0000000F000008D8000489ACAFC86070#1277274683393#com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner##com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner#######SAPEngine_System_Thread[impl:5]_71##0#0#Error#1#/System/Server#Java###Core service com.sap.security.core.ume.service failed. J2EE Engine cannot be started.

> [EXCEPTION]

> #1#com.sap.engine.frame.ServiceException: <Localization failed: ResourceBundle='com.sap.engine.frame.KernelResourceBundle', ID='UME initialization failed.', Arguments: []> : Can't find resource for bundle java.util.PropertyResourceBundle, key UME initialization failed.

When does this problem happen? Is this the first start? What happened prior to this error?

Markus

0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

This problem occurred a month ago, I have troubleshooted but unable to solve the issue and due to other priorities I kept this issue aside temporarily. This is not the first startup but in the first startup it self I got this error and later I tried with restarts but the problem still exists. Prior to this error there is no SNC configuration. After SNC configuration on ABAP side, this problem started.

Thanks,

Ajay.

0 Kudos

What is the UME pointing to? To a local database or to an ABAP system to authenticate against?

Markus

0 Kudos

Hi Ajay

Evidently the ABAP system that is the UME datasource accepts only SNC connections. I suggest that you follow the documentation here (depending on the version of the system in question)

Configuring SNC Between the UME and an ABAP-Based System

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/80/3867af1f644ebe9f06ebc6f96eae70/frameset.htm

0 Kudos

I am not able to connect to JAVA stack from browser. Any other way to find out?

From configTool I can see UME LDAP Data--> Datasource configuration file pointing to datasourceconfiguration_abap.xml file.

Thanks,

Ajay.

0 Kudos

Ok.

And the configured ABAP system is available and running? Is the password for SAPJSF in the J2EE engine valid?

Markus

0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

I have read the url content you sent. I have configured SNC using Kerberos. Would you please tell me what I need to update in config Tool for below parameters.

ume.r3.connection.<adapterID>.snc_myname

ume.r3.connection.<adapterID>.snc_partnername

I have given both p:sapjsf at DOMAIN.COM

Thanks,

Ajay.

0 Kudos

Hi Ajay

The values for these parameters depend on the configuration in place. The documentation one level above the URL I mentioned earlier lists the configuration steps required

Configuring SNC: AS Java -> AS ABAP

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/80/3867af1f644ebe9f06ebc6f96eae70/frameset.htm

When these steps are complete the values of the parameters in question will be self explanatory

0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

The configuration you mentioned is for Crypto SNC but I have configured using Kerberos SNC which is on ABAP side. I could not find any document on JAVA side. Would you please help in this. I am confused to configure. It is mentioning to use PSEs of Crypto SNC but Kerberos doesnt contain PSEs.

Thanks,

Ajay.

0 Kudos

Ajay,

You asked me for help with this thread, by updating a completely different thread - I don't know why you updated somebody elses thread instead of asking via this thread ??? Anyway, I will see if I can help.

Can you please explain to me which SNC library you are using on your SAP server ? I assume you followed some steps to configure this library. I need to know what you did. Normally SNC is used on ABAP only and not used by AS JAVA. Did you change anything in AS JAVA and if so, why ?

Thanks,

Tim

0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

I have configured using Kerberos library for 32 bit on Net Weaver 7.0 with MS SQL 2005 Server on Windows 2003 Server. I didnt change any thing on JAVA side. I have configured as per the Kerberos configuration steps as per below URL

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/44/0ebf6c9b2b0d1ae10000000a114a6b/frameset.htm

The configuration was successful and I am able to login with out asking password, but After the configuration when I have restarted every thing on ABAP side works well but JAVA server process going down with EXIT code -11113. One of the log file contains follows error message.

com.sap.engine.frame.ServiceException: <Localization failed: ResourceBundle='com.sap.engine.frame.KernelResourceBundle', ID='UME initialization failed.', Arguments: []> : Can't find resource for bundle java.util.PropertyResourceBundle, key UME initialization failed.

at com.sap.security.core.server.ume.service.UMEServiceFrame.start(UMEServiceFrame.java:372)

at com.sap.engine.frame.ApplicationFrameAdaptor.start(ApplicationFrameAdaptor.java:31)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner.startApplicationServiceFrame(ServiceRunner.java:214)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner.run(ServiceRunner.java:144)

at com.sap.engine.frame.core.thread.Task.run(Task.java:64)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:79)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:105)

Caused by: com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.PersistenceException: SNC required for this connection

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.R3PersistenceBase.newPersistenceException(R3PersistenceBase.java:178)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.R3PersistenceBase.init(R3PersistenceBase.java:446)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactoryInstance.<init>(PrincipalDatabagFactoryInstance.java:356)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactory.newInstance(PrincipalDatabagFactory.java:156)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactory.getInstance(PrincipalDatabagFactory.java:109)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactory.getInstance(PrincipalDatabagFactory.java:56)

at com.sap.security.core.InternalUMFactory.initializeUME(InternalUMFactory.java:266)

at com.sap.security.core.server.ume.service.UMEServiceFrame.start(UMEServiceFrame.java:279)

... 6 more

[Framework -> criticalShutdown] Core service com.sap.security.core.ume.service failed. J2EE Engine cannot be started.

Jun 25, 2010 3:05:24 AM com.sap.engine.core.Framework [SAPEngine_System_Thread[impl:5]_69] Fatal: Critical shutdown was invoked. Reason is: Core service com.sap.security.core.ume.service failed. J2EE Engine cannot be started.

One of the line says "SNC required for this connection". What does this mean? What else need to be done for JAVA to communicate with ABAP?

Thanks,

Ajay.

0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Sorry, I have missed your post. The ABAP System is Up and running and SNC is also working fine.

Is the password for SAPJSF in the J2EE engine valid? -> What does this mean? I think yes since I didnt change any thing regarding this.

Thanks,

Ajay.

0 Kudos

Ajay,

The only change you shoudl have made on server is to change SAP instance profile on ABAP stack by adding entries like snc/enable, snc/identity_as etc. These instance profile parameters are not used by Java stack, so I think something else on Java stack must have been changed to cause this issue.

Java uses UME to connect to ABAP user store, but SNC is not used for this authentication, unless you have changed some Java configuration to make Java stack thing that SNC should be used.

Maybe you can try to remove the instance profile params on ABAP stack, restart and see if Java stack problem goes away ?

I think you must have changed something in Java UME properties which you should not have changed.

Thanks,

Tim

0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

I have tried disabling SNC, SNC/enable=0. Now the JAVA stack is Up and running fine, but if I enable it JAVA stack going down again with same EXIT CODE.

I didnt change any thing on JAVA side. Just trying to give some inputs for SNC parameters in config Tool but not yet changed any still confused what to give as inputs.

Thanks,

Ajay.

0 Kudos

Ajay,

The config tool is for Java, not ABAP. You should not change anything in config tool since SNC is not used in Java stack for SAP GUI SSO.

Can you list all the instance profile params you have set, in addition to snc/enable ? There should be a few which are only recognised when snc/enable is 1

Thanks,

Tim

0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

Yes SNC is only for ABAP, but as of log may be JAVA is trying to communicate with ABAP data source/ ABAP stack using SNC/ ssl protocol for the server process to get started as I understood. Following are the only 4 parameters I have set to configure SNC on ABAP side.

snc/accept_insecure_gui = 1

snc/gssapi_lib = C:\WINDOWS\system32\gsskrb5.dll

snc/enable = 1

snc/identity/as = p:SAPServiceSID<at>DOMAIN.INT

Please guide what to do now.

Thanks,

Ajay.

0 Kudos

Ajay,

I think the problem is that you have only allowed SNC connections to ABAP datastore, but Java is trying to use non SNC. I think Patrick mentioned something similar to this a few threads back.

Anyway, please add following instance params:

snc/data_protection/max = 3

snc/data_protection/min = 2

snc/data_protection/use = 3

snc/r3int_rfc_secure = 0

snc/r3int_rfc_qop = 8

snc/accept_insecure_cpic = 1

snc/permit_insecure_gui = 1

snc/accept_insecure_r3int_rfc = 1

snc/accept_insecure_rfc = 1

snc/permit_insecure_start = 1

snc/force_login_screen = 0

snc/extid_login_diag = 1

snc/extid_login_rfc = 1

Thanks,

Tim

0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

Great, Adding those parameters solved the issue. Now the JAVA server process is in green and running. Thanks a lot for the resolution.

Once again Thank you very much Tim, Patrick and Markus for helping me resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Ajay.