cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintanance Optimizer without oss connection?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We want to configure a solution manager for downloading suppot packages via the Maintanance Optimizer.

The problem is that we do not have a oss connection to SAP (adsl, vpn, snc etc..).

Is it possible somehow to configure the Maintanance Optimizer so it connects via the internet (sap service market place), a bit like the download manager?

Any words of advice?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Kenneth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

Maintenance optimizer internally uses SAPOSS connection to connect to Marketplace and download the SPs.

I dont think it is possible to download through MOPZ without having connection to SAP.

Cheers...,

RAghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You need to have an OSS ID to download support packs using MOPZ.

Cheers,

Chaitanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Chaitanya,

If you by OSS ID mean S-user, then i have one.

Regards,

Kenneth

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kenneth

Are you sure your company doesn't have a SAProuter installed ? Download SAP OSS Notes through transaction SNOTE also uses the same mechanism. You can check in transaction OSS1 if there is a SAProuter maintained.

If SAProuter is not yet installed, here are the steps in short:

You will have to setup SAProuter (information can be found on [http://service.sap.com/saprouter]).

In short you have to setup the SAProuter on a server according to the instructions you can find in the above link.

Next there is a form to fill out with details concerning ip address and so on that you will have to send to SAP so they can create the neccesary entries at their side.

Once your SAProuter is running properly and connected with SAP, you will have to maintain Solution Manager settings.

SAPOSS connection is defined through transaction OSS1 (technical settings) where you fill in your saprouter details.

In transaction AISUSER you fill in your user-id in the first column and your S-USER of SAP service marketplace in the second column but without the S and the leading 0's.

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a sprouter installed, but we have no connection to sap via vpn or adsl (sapservX) , so we want to connect our solution manager via saprouter to SAP over the internet.

Regards,

Kenneth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are having a Internet, then why wont to start setting up a connection with SAP using SAPROUTER without which I guess you cannot download the support patches. Using SNC over the internet start the setting up of SAPROUTER. Kinldy go through the below link for setting up a setup of SAPROUTER with SAP over the internet with SAP. If you have a public internet IP and a system for configuring SAP router with minmal configuration then start the configurtion of SAP Router.

https://websmp101.sap-ag.de/saprouter

Regards,

Sharath

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cannot use MOPZ simply using an internet connection... SAP only accept connections from registered SAPRouters.

I agree with Sharath... If you have an internet connection you should be able to configure saprouter over SNC without much trouble.

Read,

http://service.sap.com/saprouter

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, thanks, i will look into that, i haven't used SNC before, but i will try

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its a simple process... read the documentation

Regards