cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML Purchase order - ESOA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to configure service procurement using ESOA.Ideally once a PO is created in my ERP system a corresponding XML PO should be generated for sending it to SUS via XI.

For this I have activated Business Function LOG_MM_P2P_SE_1 and workflow linkages have been activated for events BUS2012 (Created, Changed, Completed, Released) within workflow definition WS53800008.

However the XML PO is still not generated. I have also applied the note : 1316245 in ERP system.

In swi1 T-code of my ERP system I get the following error after I create a PO.

Error : "Error in a service of application MMPUR"

Kindly let me know how to resolve this and proceed with sending XML PO to SUS.

Thanks,

Nikhil.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

I don't know what release you are on.

Please check out the following notes which from my search on our database may be of help. Specifically the 1st two.

Note: 1272921 Workflow Container: Merge initializes def-extension

Note: 797775 Entry in Transaction SWEC hinders workflow

1403417 Issue with Material number length in Contract replication

1350320 Display of Product ID with leading Zeroes as per customizing

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards,

Matthew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

We are on SRM 7.0.

Thanks for your response.

But none of the notes that you mentioned are applicable in our case.

If you know of some other stuff that could help me , pl post it here.

Thanks

Nikhil

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I DONT WANT disturb your new thread

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/b0/787748cf3a4200bb1ba32a62aa8519/frameset.htm

You can use the SOA Manager to administer and configure service providers and consumer proxies for a local system.

Note 1268336 - Synchronous peer-to peer Services Configuration

some info

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Symptom

You want to use the new cross scenarios between ERP EhP 4 and 'SRM Server 7.0 delivered with Business Suite 2008:

creation of SRM RFx from within the ERP Web Dynpro applicattion "Collective processing of Purchase Requisitions (CPPR)

Central Contract Management (CCM)

Other terms

SRM, ERP, CPPR, harmonized roles, Procure-to-Pay, SOAMANAGER, Web Service, Synchronous services, Point-to-point communication

Reason and Prerequisites

These cross-scenarios utilize synchronous Enterprise Services for the following reasons:

Bidder search help (RFx creation): In CPPR the user can already select bidders which will be assigned to the RFx in SRM. These bidders need to be queried from the SRM system. Therefore, the synchronous service operation RFQRequestSUITEAllowedBiddersByIdentifyingElementsQueryResponse_In is introduced.

Querying pricing information (CCM): While creating the Purchase Order in the ERP system using the central contract as source of supply, ERP queries the SRM Server for the most actual price using the synchronous service operation PurchaseOrderSRMPricingSimulateQueryResponse_In.

Checking archiving status (CCM): Before archiving the central contract in the SRM server, the status of the distributed contract in the connected ERP systems must be queried by the SRM Server using the synchronous service operation PurchasingContractSRMArchivingCheckQueryResponse_Out.

Retrieving RFQ Transaction Types from SRM ( RFx Creation ) : In CPPR, user can select any one of the transaction types of RFx which are confired in the SRM system. RFx transaction types will be retrieved using the service interface QueryCodeList ( NameSpace: http://sap.com/xi/BASIS ).

Rather than using these sychronous service operations mediated via PI, it is recommended to configure them peer-to-peer.

As a prerequiste you have installed

SRM Server 7.0

SAP ERP 6.0 EhP 4 with the resp. Business Function activated

configured the Central Contract Management and Sourcing scenarios according to documentation available in Solution Manager

installed all required business packages as mentioned in note 1232945

This note deals with the delta information how to enable the synchronous peer-to-peer communication for the service operations mentioned above.

Solution

Synchronous services are no longer maintained using the transaction LP_CONFIG, WSADMIN, but the new SOAMANAGER. For more details about the SOAMANAGER please refer to: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/b0/787748cf3a4200bb1ba32a62aa8519/frameset.htm.

Configuration on both the provider and consumer side for synchronous service operations must be done. For:

RFQRequestSUITEAllowedBiddersByIdentifyingElementsQueryResponse_In: SRM Server is the provider and the ERP system the consumer

PurchaseOrderSRMPricingSimulateQueryResponse_In: SRM Server is the provider and the ERP system the consumer

PurchasingContractSRMArchivingCheckQueryResponse_Out: ERP system is the provider and SRM Server the consumer.

Query Code List: SRM is the service provider and ERP is the consumer for this service.

This note explains the steps necessary for for the example of the pricing service, please configure the other services accordingly.

Settings in the Provider system

1. Open the transaction SOAMANAGER.

2. If you are using SRM Server 700 Version then goto SingleServiceAdministration under Application and Scenario Communication Tab.

3. If you are using SRM Server 701 Version then goto Single Service Administration under service administration Tab.

4. Search for the Provider service in the search tab. Eg: In this note, Pricing service is taken as example for configuring. For this service, SRM system is the provider and ERP is the consumer system. For this, searching by Service with search pattern "pricing" should return the result PurchaseOrderSRMPricingSimulateQueryResponse_In.

5. Select the service from search results and click 'Apply Selection' button.

6. In the Configurations tab, use CREATE SERVICE action to create a web service for this enterprise service proxy.

7. Mention the name for service, description and binding name. For example, for pricing service, you may want to give 'SRM_Pricing' as new service name, 'Pricing from SRM contracts' as description and 'SRM_Pricing' as new binding name. Click on 'Apply Settings' button.

8. Select the Check Box 'UserID/Password' under Transport Channel Authentication. By doing this step, authorization at webservice level is imposed. Only users who have acess to the provider system ( here SRM system ) will be able to acess this webservice.

9. Save the changes using SAVE button as shown below.

10. Goto overview tab and click on the link 'Display Selected Binding's WSDL url' and copy the wsdl address which will be displayed in a text area.

Settings in the Consumer system

1. Open SOAMANAGER transaction in consumer system.

2. Go to single service admistration under Application and Scenario Communication Tab.

3. Search for the consumer proxy. Eg: Search for pricing service consumer proxy, in ERP as ERP is consumer system for pricing service.

4. Select the consumer proxy in search results and click on Apply selection.

5. Goto Configurations tab and click on 'Create logical port'.

6. Enter a logical port name (e.g. SRM_ERPpricing_LP), description. Select the check box 'Logical Port is Default' and select the Configuration type 'WSDL Based Configuration'. Select 'Via HTTP acess' as the WSDL access settings.

7. Enter the WSDL address which is copied as explained in step 9 of configuration in provider system. Enter the WSDL Access user and pass word which will be used to in the provider ( SRM ) system to execute the service. Click on 'Apply settings' button. The user should be a dialog or service user in provider system and should exist in SRM Organization plan. The user should have roles SAP_BC_WEBSERVICE_CONSUMER assigned. User should also have application roles (/SAPSRM/EMPLOYEE) necessary to execute the underlying purchasing processes in SRM. Please refer to: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/2b/07074155bcf26fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

8. Save the changes.

Header Data

Release Status: Released for Customer

Released on: 24.05.2010 15:32:44

Master Language: English

Priority: Recommendations/additional info

Category: Customizing

Primary Component: SRM-EBP-ESA SRM Enterprise Services

Affected Releases

Software

Component Release From

Release To

Release And

subsequent

SAP_APPL 604 604 604

SRM_SERVER 700 700 700

SRM_SERVER 701 701 701

Related Notes

1286936 - PI configuration for SRM - additional information

1268821 - SRM 7.0 / ERP 6.04: Config. of Central Contract Management

1263876 - SAP SRM: Configuration of Procure-to-Pay Scenario

1223493 - SAP SRM 7.0 SP Stack 01 (11/2008):Release & Information Note

Print Selected Notes (PDF)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthuraman,

Appreciate ur help.

I am unable to generate the XML message for the PO, once my PO is created in the ECC system.

Could u provide ur inputs for generating the same? I need to send this XML out via XI to SUS.

Thanks,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pbponikhil ,

I have the same issue?

Do you already have a solution?

Regards,

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Nikhil

Try to generate a blank/test xml message by chosing the PO outbound service. If the test xml doesnt generate then check the logical port configuration and PI settings. If the xml gets generated then please check your config as per the note 1263876

Rgds

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unresolved