Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in user exit: USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have included some code in USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE .

LOOP AT XVBAP.
      clear v_vkorg.

select single vkorg from vbak
        into v_vkorg
        where vbeln = xvbap-vbeln.

IF sy-subrc = 0.
        IF ( xvbap-matnr CS '_ET' and  xvbap-spart = 'P1' )
                                  OR
          ( xvbap-matnr CS '_ET' and  xvbap-spart = 'M1' and v_vkorg = 'GB01' ).

xvbap-kztlf = 'A'.
          MODIFY xvbap.
        ENDIF.
      ENDIF.
    ENDLOOP.

The table xvbap is properly modified.

but the problem is, the kztlf(partial delivery field) in "VA02" is not populated with 'A'.

I debug the code, from xvbap, the db table vbap is properly updated with the value.

Strange thing is, in one of the enhancement points, the entire tables have been getting refreshed(enhancement point is of standard)

If this is the case, then what is the use of USER-EXIT.

Pls help me how to resolve the above issue.

Thank you,

Priya

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Very first thing is , if that standard enhancement points is getting called after your user exit then , the exit you are using will not work for you. Find any other exit which would get called after that enhancement points execution.

See if enhancement points is really a standard one and really needed otherwise you can modufy it and make it deactivated. Then your user exit will work as that table will hold all of its value and will show that fields with A populated.

Whatever is happening currently is absolutely correct.,

The corresponding table gets populated as because table updates are happening after your exit but before enhancement point execution and when you finally have look to transaction , it does not show 'A' as because the table (XVBAP) from which this value will be provided to SAP transaction is getting refreshed by enhancement point.

I hope you understood it.

Regards,

Uma Dave

birendra_chatterjee
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Replace Your code with the below code. The below code will take care of the every circumstance (VA01 / VA02 / VA03). Also, it is not required to select the sales organization from VBAK for the sales order (as it is already there in program structure field VBAK-VKORG).

if sy-tcode eq 'VA01' or sy-tcode eq 'VA02'.

if not xvbap[] is initial.

LOOP AT XVBAP.

IF ( xvbap-matnr CS '_ET' and xvbap-spart = 'P1' )

OR

( xvbap-matnr CS '_ET' and xvbap-spart = 'M1' and vbak-vkorg = 'GB01' ).

xvbap-kztlf = 'A'.

MODIFY xvbap.

vbap-kztlf = 'A'.

ENDIF.

ENDLOOP.

else.

IF ( vbap-matnr CS '_ET' and vbap-spart = 'P1' )

OR

( vbap-matnr CS '_ET' and vbap-spart = 'M1' and vbak-vkorg = 'GB01' ).

vbap-kztlf = 'A'.

ENDIF.

endif.

endif.

Regards,

Birendra

0 Kudos

Hi Birender/Umadave,

Thanks for your replies.

@umadave, have understood what u told. Pls provide the solution to resolve the issue.

I want to update the field, "kztlf " with 'A' for the above mentioned condition.

Pls let me know is there any user exit to do so.

@Birender, the code which u have given looks almost same as i have done. Implemented urs but issue remains same.

Anyone pls help me with ur valuable inputs.

Regards,

Priya

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can you please try editing that enhancement point (I feel that it would not be a standard Enhancement point) , I hope youi know the process.

Click on the white colored circle provided at upper left hand side of editor and right click on that enhancement and edit. I thing you can edit and deactivate it.

Meanwhile I am looking for the Exit. Will let you know once I get.

Regards,

Uma Dave

0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

I have used the same code and this works. There must be some other point where the value changes, You need to debug this and find out...

Regards,

Birendra

0 Kudos

Hi,

In the following enhancement point, the value is getting refreshed.

enhancement-section     beleg_sichern_23 spots es_sapmv45a.
    if not ( call_activity eq gc_activity_lord and
             gf_no_commit eq charx ).
      if call_function = charx.
        g_no_itob_buf_cleanup = charx.
        perform beleg_initialisieren.
        clear g_no_itob_buf_cleanup.
      else.
        perform beleg_initialisieren.
      endif.
    endif.
end-enhancement-section.

Once the control runs the perform: perform beleg_initialisieren, the values of vbap are getting refreshed.

another strange thing is xvbap-kztlf still holds the value 'A'.

Pls suggest.

Regards,

Priya

0 Kudos

Hi

1 . another strange thing is xvbap-kztlf still holds the value 'A' : This is not some thing strange as explained by me in first post. Again , its just clearing VBAP not the XVBAP. so your value is in place.

2. If you are not able to edit and inactivate that Enhancement section , then you must need to Find some exit on SAVE event , because e at the time of saving you can easily override the actual value with A and no refresh related enhancements will appear on SAVE event path execution.

Regards,

Uma Dave

0 Kudos

HI,

create your won enhancement spot and try it.

zashok

0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

I had an idea, You were writing this in 'USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT'. Apologies, I did not read the subject carefully.

I wrote the code in 'USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT'. Copy and paste the code given by me earlier here, it will work...

Regards,

Birendra

0 Kudos

Don't modify standard fields in USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT and don't use SY-TCODE if you intend the changes to work when a BAPI is called. Use the T180 fields instead. Why not use USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAP at the time the material is added to the document?

Former Member
0 Kudos

are you sure it's XVBAP at this point in the code? I think SAP has reverted to internal table VBAP at this point, but I can't check...my client doesn't run SAP logistics modules.... If it's still using XVBAP, set the UPDKZ field correctly for Insert, Update or Delete.

There's no need for enhancement points, badis, etc. This include is always active and intended to contain user code...it's the original user-exit method utilized by SAP. Insert your code (you may need activation key if this is first time the include has been changed).