cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Benefits of Using TREX for PLM Search

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can somebody guide me on the benefits if we use TREX 7.1 with Embedded Search for PLM?

Following are our requirements, whether this will be met with TREX

1) Will the TREX help to search Cross u2013Objects with same names, for ex, if we search CCA, will it show all materials, BOM,s; Documents and Change Masters starting with CCA?

2) .Can we u201CSaveu201D the Search attributes or variants so that the same type of Search can be used again?

3).Can we give Boolean search or fuzzy search with AND and OR options?

4) .Can we search the fields mentioned in Long Text using TREX?

Regards,

Aby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Thanks for your inputs..

While searching for all Objects, can we give the input of Description?

for example, if I want to find all objects which have a term "XYZ" in the description, can I find it?

Can I search on the Long text details if TREX is there?

If you have any detailed links or documents related to PLM Search with TREX , its benefits and features , please forward..

Also we are using PLM 7.0 Are all these features mentioned for TREX 7.1 is available over PLM 7.0?

Regards,

Aby

Edited by: Aby Thomas on Jun 23, 2010 2:38 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aby,

In advanced serach there are options for object number, description and context you can search based on any of these criteria. So you can find objects with description term "XYZ".

And in full text search you can search with words or phrases.

As mentioned earlier TREX 7.1 is technical prerequisite for PLM 7.0. PLMWUI uses the features of Trex for search.

Regards,

Santosh.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aby,

You can use the advanced serach option available in PLM7.0 where you can save the search attributes as serach query which can be used later when required.

Cross object search is also possible, you need to select from the drop down all objects and the result will shown all materials,BOMs,documents etc starting with specific letters.

In the advanced search select the tab full text search where you also have the option for fuzzy search by checking it.

Regards,

Santosh.