cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

/SAPSRM/BD_WF_PROCESS_RESTART to force restart after reject in completion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need some help on implementing the Badi /SAPSRM/BD_WF_PROCESS_RESTART.

We are on SRM 7.0, SP 5

Process controlled workflow.

When an approver with completion rejects a shopping cart, the workflow doesnu2019t get restarted, but it turns into a back and forth logic. (Therefore the added approvers are not deleted and not changeable).

When a u2018normalu2019 approver rejects as shopping cart, the workflow restarts (and the added approver is deleted).

What I need is that the rejection form the completion step has the same result as the rejection from a u2018normalu2019 approver i.e. the workflow restarts and the added approver is deleted.

I know that this can be done via the Badi /SAPSRM/BD_WF_PROCESS_RESTART, but I am not sure how.

Can anybody give some hit on the coding?

Cheers

Ulrike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ulrike,

The Back and Forth functionality will only work if the approver chooses "Inquire" option in the workitem which will not restart the workflow and this functionality is new from SRM 6.0 to avoid restart functionality. If the approver reject the shopping cart in any level type (Approval with Completion or Approval) The Workflow must to restart after the requestor accept the changes and re-order the shopping cart with rest of items. This is standard functionality. Open a message or check a OSS note..if i find one.. i'll let you know..

Regards,

Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Saravanan,

Thank very much you for you input.

Unfortunately I have to disagree. If a SC is rejected at an approval with completion level the workflow does not restart.

I already raised an OSS message about this and here is the information I received from SAP (Klaus Baehr, a developer):

1) SC gets rejected during completion

The requester gets an ADJUST workitem to accept the rejection

It's possible to change the SC.

The adhoc agent is still available, because it's a kind of back and

forth process.

2) SC gets rejected during approval

The requester gets an ADJUST workitem to accept the rejection

It's NOT possible to change the SC with this workitem.

If the requester hits the EDIT button the ADJUST workitem gets

cancelled and the requester gets a REVISE workitem.

This action requires a restart of the process.

Therefore the adhoc agent gets deleted

What Klaus described here, is exactly how I tested the system behaviour in our installation.

So now I am looking for some help for the coding of BAdi /SAPSRM/BD_WF_PROCESS_RESTART to overwrite the behaviour of no 1. and force the system to restart the workflow (and therefore delete the ad hoc approver) in case of a rejection during approval with completion.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Regards

Ulrike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

OK.. I agree what SAP is saying provided if you use Decision Type 'Decision for Entire Document' , but I disagree if you use decision type 'Item-Based Decision for Entire Document'. Here is what i discovered the behavior of reject based on decision type.

If you have decision type as 'Decision for Entire Documentu2019 then it works as per SAP reply. But if have decision type as 'Item-Based Decision for Entire Document' then after requestor click EDIT the button and re order the SC.. The new workitem creates which basically kind of restarting the workflow..

Best Regards,

Saravanan..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tested the behaviour in our system with the setten 'Item-Based Decision for Entire Document' for approval with completion. And the system still behaves the same as described above.

Could anybody give me some hints on how to code the badi?

Cheers

Ulrike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ulrike,

I am also having the same issue as you explained above.Could you please let me know how you resolved this issue??

Awaiting for your reply.

Regards,

Mahesh