Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table Grid in Bex Analyzer / Changing color

former_member199448
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

i created a workbook and would like to customize the ouput of the table grid so that after refreshing the color remain.

I would not like to color the cells manually. I would like to change in the code in VBA or somewhere the code centrally.

Is there a possibility to change it?

I read somewhere it is possible to change the query template. How to do it?

By chnaging the BW Style.css for the web template is it possible to apply it to the query ? how?

Thank you in advance

Cheers

Gilo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Pravender
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can change the default workbook template and assign it to the workbook.

former_member199448
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you for your response.

It is not solving the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow the below steps :

Go to workbook setting ->Themes->under styles

.Get the appropriate styles and goto colour and apply the formatting.

Or goto excel menu format->styles->Choose the style name and modify and change the colur.

Save the workbook

-Mayuri

former_member199448
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mayuri,

thank you for your reply.

I follow your steps but the color still not remain. That is the raison why i am looking for a possibility to change the code.

Another question:

Any other idea? Where is the table Grid code save in Bex? or VBA?

thanks

former_member212742
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI ,

When you colour the cells of the table grid in the Bex Analyser initially , when we refresh the data , it overwrites the formatting done locally in teh Excel. This is a standard behaviour of the Bex.

If you dont want the formatting that you applied to be overwritten, you can change enter design mode. Right Click on the Table grid and select properties. Then in teh Pop Up uncheck teh option Apply formatting. This way what ever formatting that you have done it in teh Excel Locally will remain teh same.

Hope this solves your issue.

Regards.

Shafi.

former_member199448
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shafi,

thank you very much for your time and input.

When you colour the cells of the table grid in the Bex Analyser initially , when we refresh the data , it overwrites the formatting done locally in teh Excel. This is a standard behaviour of the Bex.

1.1 it is possible zto change that standar behavior? Is it possible to assign the color i would like to have just for my workbook, sothat by refreshing that color remain? In WAD is possible by chnaging the style sheet in BW.

can i anyhow change the style sheet and assign it to bex?

If you dont want the formatting that you applied to be overwritten, you can change enter design mode. Right Click on the Table grid and select properties. Then in teh Pop Up uncheck teh option Apply formatting. This way what ever formatting that you have done it in teh Excel Locally will remain teh same.

2.1 that is ok. But by drilling down it is not looking nice without Grid.

The code where to change the background color, Table grid color will be possible to find and customize.

Do you have a idea about it?

Thanks

gilo

Pravender
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gilo,

Create a excel workbook, Include all the designs and header you want to include. Save it to BW server.

Now goto Bex analyzer toolbar --> Global Settings -> Select Default Workbook. Change the existing default workbook to the new one you have created.

You can refer http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/f1/0a551ce09411d2acb90000e829fbfe/frameset.htm also.

Pravender

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my knowledge there is no need VBA code to fill the colour . if you have any grpah on this workbook there is a option right click you can find the option to fill the colours.

Regards

Sivaraju

former_member199448
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you for replying.

I have not graph i have a table and would like to change the Grid color, text color and cell color.

Could we change some values in VBA and where?

Thanks