cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Identify currently running transactions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm using MII 12.0.5. Some of the transactions we expose as Web Services can be called multiple times, that is there can be multipel executions in parallel. I'd like to be able to view, at any time, what are the currently executing instances of all Transactions. Also ideally, caller, time it started, memory used, cpu cycles, etc. It this readily available in MII? I know I can generate event logs (which I do) but the volume tends to be high to get a lot of granulary in the execution/troubleshooting process. There are also the Java logs but it only tells about the past. I'm mostly looking for the in memory threads or processes created by MII transactions.

So my question is what's available in MII, NetWeaver or Java to monitor the currrently executing processes within MII (or NW or Java), as well as their real time footprint in terms of memory and CPU usage.

Thank for any help.

Francois.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Michael, Som for your answers.

I understand I'll get better tools with 12.1, that means not until next year for us.

In the meantime, Som could you please better show me how to get to the NW Log Viewer. It is not an entry under MII System Management. I can get the the SAP Logs and Traces (under http:<server>:<port>/nwa). Is this what you mean by the NW Log Viewer? Is it just under my eyes but I can't see it?

I access a lot of Java SAP & MII logs from the file based log, but nothing regarding the current state of MII. I've also looked at the counters in the SAP Management Console. It does provide helpful information about overall memory, requests, reponse times but I'd like to get greater granularity.

Any futher help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Francois,

I guess that you won't be lucky seeing those information you want in your version 12.0 of MII. You would have to use tools of the operating system to get details of the running processes.

Version 12.1 offers better possibilities, like the [Transaction Manager|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mii121/helpdata/en/43/e80b59ad40719ae10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm].

Michael

former_member201407
Participant
0 Kudos

You can find all running Logs with details including running Transactions by going into Log Viewer in NW on which MII runs, or clicking the Log Viewer link under Menu System Management in MII Menu page.

Regards

Som