Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message "Object XXXX not provided with characteristic"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello! What does the error message "Object XXXX not provided with characteristic" generally mean? A user is trying to approve a price proposal via /IRM/GPPM and is getting this error.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

What does the long text say?

Rob

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also facing the same problem when I am creating the condition record and the details are as follows :

Error : Object Dest. zone not provided with characteristic

Long text : Message no. VK432

Diagnosis

The value entered in a field is not permitted.

System Response

The system issues an error message.

Procedure

Check the entry and make the necessary corrections. Note any relationships between the individual fields. Entries in other fields may also be incorrect.

Example: There are two fields for maintaining the country and region. These fields are linked. The country chosen would be permitted if it were by itself. So would the region. But the region may not be in the the country chosen. In this case, an error message is issued. The country should then be corrected, not the region!

I have checked my configuration of Transportation Zone and it looks okay to me.

I would be grateful if you can help me in this.

Regards,

AH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey, I'm still trying to find out what is going on myself. This happened in our production environment so I have not been able to replicate. I haven't gotten an answer from the user on what the long text says.

Thanks,

Wendy

Former Member
0 Kudos

It appears for us a nightly routine runs to update the information so the next day we do not receive the error message.