Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

SMD Setup

Hi,

We have a new requirement to get SMD running quickly. I've upgraded our test Solution Manager to EHP1 7.0 SP 24. When I ran solman_setup, WILY INTROSCOPE had not been installed, so that was not configured.

The systems we want to monitor include ABAP only and Dual Stack systems. One of our consultants is saying SMD requires Wily Introscope, which I understood to be for non-ABAP systems. Can SDM monitor ABAP systems without having Wily Introscope installed?

I installed DIAGNOSTICSAGENT711_0-20005919 on a dual stack target system. I have not yet installed Wily Introscope. I have confirmed the RFCs from the Solution Manager to the target system are working fine, including the trusted RFCs. SMSY appears to be fine. I went into http:<system>:50000/smd/admin and ran the Setup Wizard on the monitoring system. When I go into the Setup Wizard for Managed Systems tab, however, I get the following message

No managed system found. Please make sure to define your systems properly in SMSY

I have searched SDN and seen multiple similar reports. None, however, appear to contain a solution.

Does anyone know of a procedure to correct this?

Thanks and best regards,

Russ

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question