cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data missing in EWA for JAVA systems

Former Member

HI,

The earlywatch reports for all the java systems in our landscape are having only 10-12 pages.

Our Solman is SP22 and Managed java system is EHP1 SP5.

The below are some of the details missing

SUPPORT PACKAGE MAINTENANCE

JAVA MEMORY CONFIGURATION

OLD SPACE GROWTH RATE

USAGE OF EFFECTIVE OLD SPACE

TOP JCO CALLS

HOURLY USER DISTRIBUTION

TOP COMPONENTS etc .........

Can you please let me know how to solve this this ........

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Srini

Can you please let me know how to solve this this ........

Thanks in advance ............

Regards,

Srini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srini

Have you performed the Managed system setup via the Transaction solman_Setup ? Do you have a Diagnostics Agent running on the Managed system ? Check whether the Diagnostics Prequisites for the system are met.

On the Solution Manager side it will be useful to run the Self Diagnosis check and find out whether you are missing any diagnostics configuration from the system.

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for the information.

I completed all the steps you mentioned,while performing managed system configuration the step Diagnostics Prerequisites step ran without any error.

Thanks,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini

Is the job E2E_HK_CONTROLLER running without errors ?

In addition to this check the SAP Note 1342231 point 3

Regards

Amit

Edited by: Amit Devale on Jun 23, 2010 6:05 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

E2E_HK_CONTROLLER Job is running successfully .

Our BI client in Solman is 001 ,should the above job run in 001 or regular client?

It is running regular client now.

As the job is not generating any dumps ,should I still go and activate the infocubes? If so please let me know how to activate.

Thanks,

Srini

guilherme_balbinot
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Srini,

Please check if you can see Workload Data for this managed system, in JAVA tab.

If not, it's likely that you have a issue either in the extractors, SMD agent or Wily.

Please follow this great note that Felipe Pitta has created for SV-SMG-DIA Workload Analysis Troubleshooting 1435043.

Best regards,

Guilherme Balbinot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Program E2E_EXTRACTOR_CONTROLLER is not running for any of our managed systems but E2E_HK_CONTROLLER ,EFWK Resource Manager(E2E_EFWK_RESOURCE_MGR) jobs are running .

Should i schedule E2E_EXTRACTOR_CONTROLLER ?

Thanks,

Srini

guilherme_balbinot
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Srini,

This job doesn't run in managed systems.

Managed system runs the SMD Agent and/or Introscope Bytecode Agent , this two report to Wly Introscope EM.

Solution Manager Java grabs information from Wily Introscope EM for Java Data, and from the SMD Agent for ABAP data.

Solution Manager Java has the extractors and runs all extraction processes.

Solution Manager ABAP runs EFWK, BI and SERVICE SESSIONS.

If you are on EHP1 (>=SP18) than you have to run SOLMAN_SETUP for solution manager to work properly. The extractors are scheduled during setup of managed system (run from SOLMAN_SETUP as well)

If must finish ALL steps in solman_setup, with no exception.

If you confirm this as executed, you can try to to schedule the jobs again:

Please delete the old variants for these systems (se38) and than do the managed system setup again.

Best regards,

Guilherme Balbinot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guilherme Balbinot,

I re ran the managed system setup for one of our JAVA system .

E2E_EXTRACTOR_CONTROLLER job is still not running in Solution Manager system,only E2E_EFWK_RESOURCE_MGR, E2E_HK_CONTROLLER programs are running .

The pdf attached to Note 1435043 - E2E Workload Analysis - No applicable data found

"In transaction SM37, enter a wild card under User name and maintain

"E2E_EXTRACTOR_CONTROLLER" under ABAP program name and select "Execute

You will get an overview of all Extractor Controller runs during the selected time frame. The

batch processes follow the naming convention E2E_EC_<SID>_<Installtion Number>.Search for the system for which data is missing. If no appropriate Batch process can be identified, you should run the SMD setup again for this system."

The document is from 2008 May ,may be it is for the previous stacks......Should this job run for Solman SP22 as well ?

When i tried to run E2E_EXTRACTOR_CONTROLLER job I got the below error

EC: 14:03:07 UTC No Active Extractor found

Thanks,

Srini

guilherme_balbinot
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Srini,

The PDF document attached to SAP note 1435043 is causing some confusion in customers. If you read the document's cover it states "Solution Manager 7.0" with no "EHP1". I myself got confused, as well as other customers in OSS messages. This happens rather frequently with a documentation for "EWA for non-abap" as well.

Thank you very much for bringing this up, I will discuss a note update to with my colleague Felipe Pitta - note's author, to include more information about the scope of this PDF file.

Since EHP1 we do not use E2E_EXTRACTOR_CONTROLLER any longer, but have a different approach. Maincontroller is a batch job called E2E_EFWK_RESOURCE_MGR which runs every minute and takes care of the resource management

You can check your extractors in EFWK, available in solman_workcenter -> workload analysis.

Please focus on finishing your solman_setup rather than checking only the extraction processes, this jobs are managed by automatic configurations executed in the setup process.

Best regards,

Guilherme Balbinot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I completed solman_setup for all the systems in our landscape but JAVA systems EWA's are not having full data.

All the jobs are running ,RFC connection to BI client is also working fine and extracors are active ,i reallyt donot know where am i going wrong .....

Thanks,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Since EHP1 we do not use E2E_EXTRACTOR_CONTROLLER any longer, but have a different approach. Maincontroller is a batch job called E2E_EFWK_RESOURCE_MGR which runs every minute and takes care of the resource management"

We have an EnhP1 system and both E2E_EXTRACTOR_CONTROLLER and E2E_EFWK_RESOURCE_MGR is running.

The E2E_EXTRACTOR_CONTROLLER jobs return "No Active Extractor found". Based on what you are saying those jobs shouldn't exist as E2E_EFWK_RESOURCE_MGR takes care of that function.

I'm not sure how both got to be there, but should we simply delete the E2E_EXTRACTOR_CONTROLLER jobs, or is there another approach that should be followed to properly fix this?

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the same problem on ewa JAVA system, on ewa report appear.

"Some of the Java performance and workload data is missing" and "No Applicable Data Found." (on work load)

I check that system setup trough RCA workcenter finish without errors, check related notes, check solman_setup, check authorizations, check workload Analysis, different sdn threat, but don't found How to solve this problem.

i have try the ewa setup for more thant 5 different systems, stand alone java systems, dual stack (abap+java) and i got the same problem.

i open some SAP OSS message and still waiting for a good solution that can solve that problem

Have ayone found the solution about Missing Data ?

aabderrahim
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi dear Salvador,

did you solved your Issue, I am getting same problem for AS JAVA System

Kr.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you able to solve the problem. I am also having same problem.

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

When you run Se16 and display table E2E_WA_CONFIG and look at TYPE = SAP_BIN_M, what is the value

of String? There needs to be a value here and it should be the BI RFC. It there is no value, then their was a problem with Solman_setup of the managed system. This value needs to be present and the RFC existing to transfer the data fromt he BI to the service session.

This is a common issue when the performance data is available in the workload analysis, but is missing from the service session. Its often overlooked when checking the setup. Please check it and see if this may be your issue.

Thank you.

Regards,

Paul

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Srini,

It looks like performance data is missing.

First thing is to check if it has been collected.

You can do this in Solman_Workcenter > RCA > E2E Analysis > Workload Analysis.

If the data is not present, then you want to focus on collection fo the data, perhaps Managed System Setup needs to be re-run?

If the data is present, you may find the troubleshooting guide attached to SAP Note 1332428 helpful.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

As per document attached to the note 1332428,i am able to find data in infocubes(0SMD_PE2H,0SMD_PE2D),RFC to BI client is working fine,authorizations for the user are correct,extractors are active ......

But still the data is not present in EWA and it is only JAVA systems ,EWA's for our ABAP systems are beeing generated correctly.

Please let me know if i have to perform any more steps

Thanks,

Srini