cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check-In SCAs in CMS and SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello everybody,

we have a NWDI 2004s SP7 but want to develop SCs for NW04 SP17.

When I try to check-in the SC-dependencies in the CMS of the track, only the files for release 7.0 are offered to me. I've copied the three files in my inbox but it seems that they aren´t recognized by the NWDI.

the structure and the SAP_MANIFEST.MF-files are different.

is it necessary to check-in the files of the older release or can we check-in the 7.0 files??

2. question:

our SLD runs on the NWDI. sending data from an R/3 system to the SLD via TA RZ70 fails, because of a missing sapgw00-service. during installation of a NWDI this service seems to be not installed. can i configure it now? how can I supply data to my SLD??

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should use the buildfiles that correspond with the SP level of your target runtime systems.

Concerning your 2nd question:

A Java Stack installation does not contain a SAP Gateway. What you can do is use a gateway that's already running on another system. To use this, you must specify this gateway in the Data Supplier Bridge screen of the SLD Administration UI. You must specify this same gateway in transaction RZ70 of the supplying systems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Pascal,

thanks for your rapid reply.

2. it works, thank you!!

1. ok. but how can I import those files? only files for 7.0 show up in the check-in tab!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's possible that the CMS only picks up the highest revision of the available buildfiles in one folder. What you can try is to create a subfolder in the inbox containing your buildfiles and then use the Configure Check-in option to make the Check-In only pick up files in that subfolder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Concerning 1: Instead of using a Gateway on another machine, you can install a Standalone Gateway on the NWDI system itself. See the nw2004s installation guides section on the SAP Service Marketplace for more info.

Former Member
0 Kudos

no. the files aren't recognized...

the checkbox for the highes version isn't checked.

what about the different structures of the SCA files? maybe in 2004s this structure changed and now old files cannot be read??

but using the 7.0 files is no option for us? it will not work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Before we jump to any conclusions: Are you sure you've got the correct SP17 buildfiles? Where did you get them from?

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Jan,

For CMS to recognise SP17 SCA files make sure that the Software components required for development are corresponding to 6.40 version and not 7.00.

Let us know if this helps.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

here are the settings for the software component BuildTime:

JDI BUILD TOOL 6.40

SAP J2EE ENGINE 6.40

SAP JAVA TECH SERVICES 6.40

but in the check-in tab only files for 7.0 are shown.

I downloaded the buildfile (SAPBUILDT17_0-20000950.SCA) from SAP-Marketplace

the other two files (SAPJEE17_0.SCA & SAPJTECHS17_0.SCA) are from directories:

/usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS00/SDM/root/origin_sc/sap.com/SAP-JEE/SAP AG/1000.6.40.17.0.20060516064307/

and

/usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS00/SDM/root/origin_sc/sap.com/SAP_JTECHS/SAP AG/1000.6.40.17.0.20060516064629/

are these the wrong files?

regards

Jan

Message was edited by: Jan Hoffmann

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should unzip the SAPBUILDT17_0-20000950.SCA file. This contains another archive that contains the files you must put in the inbox directory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Pascal,

that's it!!

Thank you!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is described in SAP Note 891223.

Former Member
0 Kudos

but if I had found this note by myself you hadn't recieved your points!!

Thank you again, I simply didn't find it!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Posting the SAP Note would've been helpful as well, isn't it?

Answers (0)