cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GR/IR clearing - Foreign Exchange Loss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sap Gurus,

My Company code currency is u201CCADu201D and my Group Currency is u201CUSDu201D. I have maintained GR/IR clearing account as u201Conly balances in local currencyu201D

I have done GR in 2008 for 100 CAD. And I have reversed this GR in 2010.

When I am doing the automatic clearing of GR/IR: System is posting an entry of Revaluation loss (from KDF trans type) DR To GR/IR clearing a/c (for 0 CAD and in GL view it is 129 USD)

BSEG table has been updated only with zero but in FLAGLFLEXA I could see 129 USD updated in grup currency .

My question is u2013

1.) why the system is looking for KDF currency when I have maintained u201COnly balance in local currencyu201D for GR/IR clearing account u2013 is that because I have maintained this GR/IR clearing account in OBA1 i.e. for foreign exchange revaluation ?

2.) If it so, does the OBA1 setting overrides the u201COnly balance in currencyu201D in GL master ?

3.) As this is just a clearing transaction, Is it acceptable to book a FX loss on this transaction ? and that to it is just a reversal of an erroneous entry.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188028
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

You have maintained this account in OBA1 for KDF, that is why it is showing forex differences. The difference is in Group currency currency and not in your company code currency.

So, no problem.

Rgds

Murali. N