cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UWL email notification service filter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

We've activated the email notification service and it's working as supposed, everyone is receiving its tasks on the web (not portal) mailbox.

Now, we're trying to configure an email-filter in the UWL iview, just for the CRM tasks. We need that, once they get to the portal mailbox, they're only sent to "some" of the assigned users, so just a group of them get the email, instead of spamming everyone.

Is there any standard way to do this?

tyvm in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

Just a bit of background information as to where the UWL pulls information from:

This is the way that we map information from the backend system to the inbox.

UWL tab Backend folder

Notifications Deadline Messages

Tasks-> Completed Tasks Outbox -> Workitems executed by me

Tracking -> My Requests Outbox -> Started Workflows

Tracking -> Forwarded Outbox -> Forwarded workitems

So here you can see for Notifications, these notifications that you see in the UWL appear in the backend folder called Deadline Messages in SBWP.

Note: Documents and SAP Mails do NOT appear in the UWL automatically. (this depends on your version). With older versions, if you would like these items in the UWL then you must use the SONIC connector.

In UWL lingo, notifications that you would see under the notification tab are specific to: Knowledge Management Collaboration Recent Notifications.

So in order to answer your question, I would need to know which type of notifications that you are specifically talking about? If it is KMC notifications, then I can check with my KMC colleagues to see if setting up distinctive groups would be a possiblity.

For workflow, the workflow guys may need to help us.

Have you seen the following:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/b3/8850cf40544be1a940b179f03cdbc3/content.htm

Check the section under Collaboration task collaboration and administration, to show how to configure KMC notifications.

Notifications through the Universal Worklist deal with Knowledge Management and Collaboration. If you are looking

to integrate SAP Office within the Universal Worklist please refer to

note 945484 How to receive office notifications in the universal

worklist.

I hope that this information is helpful to you!

Beth Maben

EP Support Consultant

SAP Active Global Support - Netweaver Web Application Server

• Please see the UWL Wiki @

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/bpx/uwl+faq ***

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Beth,

That is an excellent piece of information hinting the possibilities.

Kindly would you elaborate little more on how to setup workflow related selective filtering in HR. Let it be having a filter to select Tasks/Notifications based on the context Time, Payroll, PA. Or a second filter to selectively identify Illness, Vacation etc.

Any quick highlevel suggestions?

Br, Vamsi

Answers (0)