Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

The request could not be submitted for background processing

I am having an intermittent problem with crystal reports. I'm running Crystal 11.5 and VS 2008. I'm up to date on all the service packs.

I am generating reports from a VB.Net application. This works fine the majority of the time, but occasionally I get this error

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.InternalException:

Error in File C:\DOCUME1\BPERRY1\LOCALS~1\Temp\SampleReportFixed {06836B8A-5AB1-4858-9D19-4C55C7197D80}.rpt:

The request could not be submitted for background processing. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800002AD):

Error in File C:\DOCUME1\BPERRY1\LOCALS~1\Temp\SampleReportFixed {06836B8A-5AB1-4858-9D19-4C55C7197D80}.rpt:

The request could not be submitted for background processing.

There does not appear to be a pattern to it. When it does happen, you can clear it by shutting down the application and restarting the application. I've researched this issue and most of the things. I've seen seem to suggest it is a permissions problem. That can't be the case here, or it would never work. certainly just restarting the application would not fix it.

I thought it might be a resource issue, not enough disk space for the temp files or a memory problem. There is plenty of disk space, (over 100 Gb free space), so that isn't it.

If it is a memory problem, that would explain why it gets corrected when the application is restarted. However, I've made sure that the report objects are being closed and properly disposed. I had to address other issues that brought those problems up. I've also monitored this to see if the memory is creeping up over time, and that does not appear to be the case. So unless Crystal is leaving something else behind that is eating resources, I'm not sure how that could be it.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question