Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

OSA - Performance Management

Hello,

I'm in the process of trying to configure performance appraisals in ECC 6.0 that will be used with the BSP pages in ESS/MSS eventually. I have a couple questions below that I cannot figure out through testing and have been unable to find any helpful documentation on a good process. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

1 - As part of the current process, the managers fill out the appraisals, review with the employee, and then they both sign-off. After this, the appraisal then goes to the next level of management for review prior to HR. Is there a way to allow only the manager to enter an appraisal, but allow the appraisee and higher-level manager to then both approve it?

2- So far the only option I've seen is to try and set it up as a part-appraisal process where the employee and manager are the part-appraisals, and then the higher-level manager becomes the final appraisal to show their sign-off. After that I believe we can have HR approve the appraisals in phap_admin_pa. If part-appraisals is the only way to achieve this sign-off, is there a way to copy the values entered by the manager in the part appraisal column over to the final appraisal column that would belong to the higher-level manager? As you can expect executives shouldn't have to re-complete the same questions, but instead just approve the review given by the manager. We can't allow the executives to just sign-off without valid entries in the final appraisal column either because as I understand it that is where the weighting and final calculations are determined from, which we need.

I thought maybe the further participant part would provide an option, but I haven't seen any documentation on how to make that work and so far my testing of that has yet to produce any results.

Thanks,

Eric

Former Member

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question