cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error fetching UME data

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm building a BPM process and getting an error saying "Error Fetching UME Data", "Server not Found" (when trying to add owners to a task in roles tab). I'm not sure exactly what I need to do in order to fix this. I have the Java AS system information entered in the preferences of my Netweaver Developer Studio, but for some reason its not connecting.

The strange thing is that I can connect to the system from the Visual Composer section of the NWDS, just not the BPM section. Anyone have any thoughts why this may be the case, and what I have to do to fix it?

Thanks!

Edited by: ethanwest on Jun 22, 2010 3:46 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have your checked your proxy settings for NWDS? In the past I have found odd behavior with the proxy. Although it may be set right, try enabling/disabling it and the try the UME fetch again.

O.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ethan,

I had this problem too. I could connect to the server from within the VC perspective when i used the internet- proxy, but not

to the UME from within the process perspective in NWDS. In order to connect to the UME, i changed the Network connection

settings (NWDS>Preferences>General) in NWDS to Direct connection to the internet. After changing this setting i

was able to fetch the UME data. I have not run my process yet, but i imagine during runtime, the JAVA server will be able to fetch the UME data locally.

Sincerly,

Jeroen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem and in my case it was also the proxy settings. It seems that NWDS cannot handle wildcards in the exception list very well. Also I could not use direct network connection altough the CE server is located locally in our intranet.

Regards,

Kevin