cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAD: Fixed Date Range Selection(s) in Drop Down Box

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to present the user with a drop down box that has a number of "views" that will change the filter on 0CALMONTH on the x-axis of a chart. The drop down might have the following entries for example:

• Last 3 months including current month

• Last 12 months including current month

• Free date range selection

I was thinking that SET_SELECTION_STATE_BY_BINDING could be used with the "variable" option, i.e. have a variable for both fixed ranges for 0CALMONTH (0CML3CM & 0CML12CM), but I can't get it to work for me.

Does anyone have a simple solution to this?

-Rob

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

I assume you have a DropDown webitem with Data Binding Type as 'Fixed List of Options' wherein you've specified the 3 options & their respective Commands i.e. SET_SELECTION_STATE_BY_BINDING by Variables for 0CML3CM & 0CML12CM. I assume processing type for these variables is thru' Customer Exit. Since the last option works on user input, you can either use 'OPEN_SELECTOR_DIALOG' on 0CALMONTH or I guess 'SET_SELECTION_STATE_BY_FILTER' on the query filter.

Can you explain what doesn't seem to be working here since it looks alright to me.

--Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help. I was able to get it to work by saving two filters (one for each variable) and then using the command 'SET_SELECTION_STATE_BY_FILTER' in the dropdown box.

-Rob

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you create 3 variables and have them default values as you mentioned and insert them in the drop down?