Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Creating Service Endpoint in SOAMANAGER...

Hi,

I published the service interface (inbound) from Enterprise Services Builder (from the WSDL tab & using Publish button).

I got a prompt, that said, "Release Status" --> Not Released..,

I don't see any End Points configured for this service in the service registry (the state column shows "Modeled" instead of Activated/Deployed).

One of the threads has same question, but it was never answered Invalid transport binding settings.HTTP Client,does not have endpoint url

Can anyone let me know how to use SOAMANAGER to create the Service Endpoint?

Edited by: srinivas M on Jun 22, 2010 10:26 PM

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Srini,

In your case, the guide you're referencing is only good for designing your Service Interface. How did you generate your Java proxy previously in XI 2.0?

What I'm saying is that you should forget about TCode SOAMANAGER, it's not the right tool for what you are trying to achieve.

I'm saying your steps should be as follows:

- Import RFC/s into ESR

- Model your Service Interface with underlying operation/s, message types, data types.

- Do you XML mapping between Service Interface & imported RFC

- Do you config in Integration Directory (sender agreement etc.) and use a SOAP comm channel as the sender channel.

- Get the WSDL from the Sender Agreement drop down menu in Integration Diretcory.

- That WSDL will have a default endpoint.

- Use that WSDL to generate your Java proxy

- Test your implemented Java proxy.

Don't use SOAMANAGER for endpoint config. Don't create webservice out of RFC. SOAMANAGER would have only been relevant if you webservice enabled your RFC in the backend. Then you would use SOAMANAGER in the backend system & configure relevant endpoint for that webservice. In that case the Java proxy could bypass PI altogether with the request call & hit the backend endpoint directly. Now all you have is an RFC in the backend & you want to be able to send an XML request over HTTP from the Java Proxy to PI then on to the RFC.

Regards, Trevor

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question