cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webi: unwanted zero rows suppression on BEx selection structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a Webi report/universe based on a BEx query having 2 structures: keyfigures in columns, characteristics selection structure in rows. We are still using BO XI 3.1 SP1.

Now: the webi report suppresses the zero rows of the char structure, but we do not want that. in the bex query, there is no active zero rows suppression.

I read in a similar thread about the opposite and that it will be fixed with XI 3.1 SP3:

Question: does anyone know, if "my" case is also solved by SP3? or anyone knows a workaround?

Unfortunately the PDFs XI31_SP3_Fixed_Issues_1of2.pdf and XI31_SP3_Fixed_Issues_2of2.pdf of SAP note 1457545 contain no information about this point.

Thanks and regards,

Phil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

those line items are empty and Web Intelligence is suppressing them and that behavior has not changed in SP3.

if you would like to see them you would have to add a constant in the BEx Query so that they are always shown

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

one more question: what about the opposite? In another report, I have rows in the selection structure I have hidden in the BEx query, but they appear in Webi. They contain data/figures. I can address the selection structure only as one item, but not the single rows.

Thanks and regards,

Phil

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

hidden rows will appear in Web Intelligence - correct

ingo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

thanks for the workaround tip!

In BEx query I tried with a calculated keyfigure set to "1" and alternatively with a restricted keyfigure set to "constant selection". Unfortunately, both did not work, the webi report was clocking long after the bex process was finished in BW.

Then I got error WIS 30284 ( universe connection corrupt) and 30285 (no free memory). But maybe we just have an issue with webi server performance.

anyway, thanks!

Best regards,

Phil

Edited by: Phil on Jun 23, 2010 10:42 AM