cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO Comm Language

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please help.

When I create a PO with Vendor which Language is EN, in PO Comm Tab it populates the EN , now when i input text in the Header note & Header text, it appears in the print out, I have no problem with this.

But problems is, when my Vendor Language is DE, Header text and Header note text doesnt appear in the prin out. Why?

Can anyone help me on this?

Thanks a lot!

zhie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if the text is properly maintain in DE language in vendor master, and you can see it in DE language in the PO, then check the form if there is something wrong with.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The case is, my Vendor master is in DE language and my output type is EN and if i change the output msg to DE, then it's working fine . do you think this is technical?

Can you suggest how to correct this?

Thanks.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The language of the output type does not matter in purchasing, as the texts are determined based on the communication language and not based on output type language.

please read OSS Note 89899 - Output into docmt language - different language msg

For what reason do you enter a EN in the output type for a vendor whose communication language is DE?

if it effects the behavior of printing texts in your system. then it may be caused by a modification in your print program.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is the situation... my Vendor is German, so the language in the Vendor Master is DE , my output type is EN (well, should be English version since the business is from Asian country) Now everythin is in place except the TEXT (Header & Item) as it does not appear in my print out. So as you explained that it has nothing to do with the output, okay... but it is coming from the communication language..which is DE. So is this an SAP standard? Or this could come from my print program? My print program is a copy of the existing one which is used by many countries in our system.

Btw, i tried to test according to the OSS note, but the EKKO-SPRAS is greyed.. just upon entering the vendor, the field is unchangeable anymore.

Please sugges any technical solution if possible.

Thanks a lot for everyone who helped..

Edited by: zhie gonzales on Jun 23, 2010 6:22 AM

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have some problems with this statement

my Vendor is German, so the language in the Vendor Master is DE

just because the vendor is located in Germany does not mean that you need to talk in German to him.

That language DE is spoken in Germany is clear, that is not the meaning of the communcation field in vendor master.

The communication language is the "common" language that you AND your vendor understand.

if your vendor master has text that is copied to a PO header, then the communication language in the PO header cannot be changed, as SAP does not redetermine the texts.

If which language is the text in vendor master maintained.? Each text can be maintained in several languages. What is the language in your case. (I dont mean the written words, I mean the key field for language next to the text itself.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for this. Sorry for the delayed action.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That sounds like a flaw in the print program/Form, which a lot of companies develop i.e. not standard. Sugest getting an ABAPer to look at it for you.

Regards,

Nick