cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different material price captured during MIGO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's

We have maintained the price of the material (moving average price - v) as say Rs100/-

The total quantity of stock is "0" in all the plants.

We raise a PO for this material and in the PO we maintain the price of the material as say Rs90/-

Say we order for 100 No's of this particular material.

Then in the PO the value (i.e price * quantity) of the material will be Rs9000/- (for the time being do not bother about

the taxes & duties)

But when we do goods receipt using tcode MIGO against the PO the price captured for the material is Rs 100/- from the material

master record (moving average price - v, i.e Rs100/-), when is should be Rs90/- as maintained in the PO.

I.e the GRN value is 100 (quantity) * Rs100/- (price maintained in the material master record) which is WRONG

when it should be 100 (quantity) * Rs90/- ( the price maintained in the condition records and which is flowing in the PO)

We want the price to flow as it is maintained in the PO and not from the material master record.

Please help to resolve the issue

Thanks

satish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pul

The problem with this MIGO is that the price is not being picked from the PO.

It's picking from the moving average price maintained in the Material master records as already explained in the previous posts.

That's what we want to know as to why this is happening, and how to rectify the error.

Moreover this is an SEZ unit, so no taxes/vat/cst/excise duties are applicable in this case.

No freight is invoved as this is included in the price of the material and the material price is maintained through condition records which is picked during PO creation.

Thanks

satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nate Risner

When I am referring to the price in the PO means that the price in the PO of say Rs90/- is being picked from the condition records maintained using a condition type and not the cost price from the material master records

And I am not saying that after we have purchased the moving average price should be Rs90/-

The moving average price of the material is maintained at Rs100/-

I also agree with you that the moving average price has nothing to do with the price you're going to pay the vendor.

Now when you say that "If the price in your purchase order is 90, no matter what your material master says, you will pay 90."

That is where the problem is. The price in the purchase order is 90 which is taken from the condition records.

Now when we do MIGO the value is coming as 105 (quantity) * Rs100 (moving average price in the material master record)

Even I am of the opinion as you that "Else, there would be no real way to calculate moving average."

The problem is we want the price from the PO to flow during goods receipt (i.e in MIGO) and not the moving average price from the material master records

I hope you got my point.

Thanks

satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi..

the price will be picked from PO only at the time of GR..

I think there is frieght or any non deductable tax, which is getting added to the material cost..

kindly check the accounting document in the MIGO...

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you refer to price in the PO, are you referring to the GR/IR (accounting documents) are telling you that you purchased it at the moving average price?

Or are you saying that after you've purchased this price, your moving average should be 90?

Reason I am asking is because in standard SAP, the moving average price has nothing to do with the price you're going to pay the vendor. If the price in your purchase order is 90, no matter what your material master says, you will pay 90. Else, there would be no real way to calculate moving average.

SAP's moving average is calculated by (as any other moving average)

( GR value + Total value ) / ( GR quantity + Total stock )