cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use sync api through programmatic in standard client?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to initiate the sync process through code, is it possible to start sync through programming.

If yes how to do? Please provide the clues / help / tutorial.

If this is possible then we need to process the response or standard client will take care of these things.

Thanks & Regards,

Siva Sankar Nulaka.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member206242
Active Participant
0 Kudos

For handhelds there is no way to call sync programmatically. You need to use the sync facility provided by the container.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using the OCA or Laptop?

I looked at the Java API link mentioned, and there are methods to trigger sync for Laptop.

I could not find for Handheld.

I'd be interested in a way to trigger sync from the application on handheld, as our business scenario needs synchronizing if device is idle and has an established connection on a timed interval. This functionality exists for Laptop with backend sync, but haven't seen or figured out for Handheld.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the replies,

I need to implement this in Handheld. The Java API doesnot contain any classes for synchronization in Handheld API.

Thanks & Regards,

Siva Sankar Nulaka.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do a sync by Key Push using this FM SMMW_BE_CALL_DELTABO

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please have a look in this [Java API|http://help.sap.com/javadocs/nwmobile/SP3/index.html]

You can use the Sync API for trigerring Sync from your code.

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you planning to write custom client or planning to use standard client. If you are using standard client then client will take care of syncing with DOE. To initiate the sync process, you have to click on synchronize button.

If you are planning to use custom client then please go through the following link:

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/30e033a0-73ef-2b10-b291-b653c3b48385]