Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licence Audit issue for combining users by email addresses

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm not sur to post my request on the good forum bu I don't know exactly where to put it.

My issue:

I have to prepare licence audit issing SLAW on a central system (our solution manager 7.01)

We have about 17 productives and the same number of dev systems to audit.

We are combining users by email adresses.

I've scheduling in all satellite systems RSLAW_PLUGIN jobs to perform mesurement and send data to central law but unfortunatly, even if I check the box "send email in lower case" in RSLAW variant, I received data in central law either in lower or in upper case.

The problem is that I count licence more than one time for a given user.

Does someone have already had this issue ?

Some precision, satellite system are in quite all version 46C, 47, ECC5, ECC6, NW7.

thanks a lot

Laurent

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure if you can combine users based on the e-Mail address

But did you try using License_Admin , the second icon in this transaction is to combine users with the same log in ID across multiple systems

0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks for your answer but it is sure that we can combined users by email addresses.

The option is proposed by RSLAW_PLUGIN when exporting datas to file but don't work in autom mesurement through RFC.

We can't combined users by ID because they can have multiple ID on each systems.

Regards

L HENRY

0 Kudos

Hi Laurent,

I am not sure if we are understanding each other correctly, the last 2 years I did the SAP licensing job, i have discussed in detail with our SAP Licensing Auditor (Check it out in your cmpnay too, there will be a representative of SAP who interacts on these issues). and for the last few years, it is the standadrd thing we do....combine users based on the log-on User ID.

I would be suprised if a person is called ABC in the ERP system and VVV in BIP (or) if a single user has ABC and VVV in the same production environment

0 Kudos

Hello,

I found surprising too but that the way our security pole create user in our productions system.

for example, 2 systems PBD for a BI and EPD for a ECC6

My logon informations are

PBD

ID IOPLH001 Name HENRY email laurent-at-henry.fr

EPD

ID IOPLH002 Name Laurent email LAURENT-at-henry.fr

I'm agree that the situation is not clean but the only way I have is to combined users on email IN LOWER CASE.

It works last year by downloading manually the file but it was a huge job.

regards

0 Kudos

well.........it is going to be a huge job if you have to manually sort things.

and i am not convinced to the fact that SAP agrees to count licenses based on common e-Mail Id's mentioned in the user master, unless you have a strong case presented to the licensing auditor.

I should confess that we had a similar problem with the same user having different id's in different systems, but we invested the time (it is a one time job) to correct the ID's and the licensing tool works well with this kind of a set-up

We have warehouses that work with RF devices, all the fork lift drivers use the RF devices and to connect the RF device to SAP they need a log on in SAP. Every alert message for things that go wrong are sent to the warehouse manager, in this case all fork lift drivers (40+) have a common e-mail ID, there are 40 unique SAP ID's but 1 single e-mail ID. If we say we pay 1 license for this, i dont think the logic is valid - give it a thought

cheers