cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

user and role value control in validation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts;

I have a problem. I must control user role . I want to use validation. how i use it (user's role)

and second question. I want to learn validation expressions .

if you know any source , can you share it.

Thanks All .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

What is your actual requirement about roles control.

If you want to control role through validation then its not possible.

Source for expression

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/4b/72b8aaa42301bae10000000a42189b/MDMDataManager71.p...

page number 241

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/102dc4e5-07c9-2910-93b3-f49c8ed52...

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks For Answer Sudhanshu Agarwal ;

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Turgut,

For learning Expressions, you can refer MDM data Manager Reference Guide. If you face any issue in writing Expression or logic you can post your Query on SDN. You can also control the validation creation or not through Role of MDM console.

@Sudhanshu, If you want to control role through validation then its not possible.

This is not true, In MDM Console: Go to Role-->Table and Fields tab -->In table and Fields, at the end you will see Expressions, give it Access to Read-Only from Read/write.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deep,

May be i understand the requirement wrong.

What i understood is

They want to create a validation epression in which he want to use roles i.e. he want to create validation he want to use roles table.

Can you please tell me what is the actual requirement.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for answers;

My actual problem is this.

I have 2 type user role ( edit and approval ) . if a user has two type roles. This user can not approvel its request and I think if I can add a validation , I can control user and it's roles.

Can you halp me about this issue ?

Regards,

Turgut

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhanshu,

Now i am confused too, it can be in either ways, You can also be right if requirement is

he want to create validation he want to use roles table.

I agree with you if he want to make use of Role table in Expression of Validation/Assignment, then it is not possible.

As what i understood is, he wants to control that user's are not able to create validations from MDM Data Manager.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Answers (0)