Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best design--inputs required

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frnds,

I am working on PI7.11, it is new implementation ECC system version 6.0.

There is one interface between ECC to .net application; it is web service integration without using PI, it is working fine, now my client decided implements this integration with PI.

So now I am in a process to identify which one is best /easy /good performance oriented approach.

The existing integration works like this

u201C.net application will give input to RFC web service it returns the response details from SAP, these response will be send it to .net application u201C

Implementing SOAP to SOAP

Or .net(SOAP)-PI-RFC(Sync)

Which one do you think best approach; my point of view SOAP to SOAP will be simple and easy.

And if you have any other approach let me, so that I will think about that

Put some light on this,

Thanks in advance,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can go with SOAP to WS-RM. Instead of SOAP to Proxy or SOAP to RFC.

In SAP PI

Create outbound service- Synch

Create Invound service - Synch

In SAP ECC

Generates the server proxy (ECC system) and configure the end points in SOAMANAGER.

In SAP PI (WS adapter)

Configure the receiver adapter of type WS-RM

Configure the sender adapter of type SOAP.

In .Net.

Cosume the outboud service.

Regards,

Farooq

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frnds,

thanks for your valuable inputs,

1)i dont like to go for proxy-->soap communication,the reason is i have to PUT some effort on writing proxy code ,even my client not interested to go with that,i alredy prosed TO MY CLIENT.

2)using RFC also ruled out,no RFC Communication , my client not accepting for that .

Now i want to make my scenario SOAP to SOAP(Sync),in existing iintegration we have provided FUNCTION MODULE WEB SERVICE url to .net application guys,they directly calling it.

now i am planning to use SOAP to SOAP,

what you people say.

Thanks and Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj ,

If you are planning to have a webservice out of FM, then you find the below guide very helpful.

http://www.saptechnica l.com/Tutorials/Others/WebService/Create.htm

Regards,

Srinivas

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Srinivas for your usefull link,

We have already published our functional module as WebService and i do have the url adress for this,so i will make this interface syncronous and will test it..net(SOAP)->PI->SAP(FM web service Sync) , and will test and let you know.

Regards,

Raj

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i have done SOAP to SOAP sync interface.... thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

actually i m new in pi.

so not able to understand, your created scenario..

Kindly explain a lil more.

i have never heard of Converting FM or Proxy into Webservice.

How does this work ?

What are the advantage of using this ?

can you gv me some example or sceenshots for this type of requirement.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi DRAGON ,

It is very simple, i have genarated web service for my functional module,it is alredy available.

my current integration .net people calling my functional module web service URL direclt,so it is giving response .

but now i decided to introduce PI in this, so i have imported request response WSDL for Functional module and sender side i have created request /reponse data types.

i have used SOAP /SOAP receiver adapter with syn mode.

i have genarated Web service forn source to.. i have shared this URL with .net application guy.

.net Application---->SOAP sender adapter-->pi->SOAP receiver adapter---->Functional module(Response it returns).

there is no major advantages in this,but my clinet interested thsi approch so i have implemented this.

Thanks,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

As mentioned already SAOP->PI->Abab Proxy will be a good way. but if you want to try out something new then have a read ...

If you are in PI 7.1 and you have proxies created in ABAP system then there is one more approch you can think of, Open the transaction SOAMANAGER in ECC system -> web service administration and serach for your proxy.

Here you can create the endpoints this will give you a URL and you can share the same to your client.

This approach you will not have to create any objects in PI , but you need to check if you have the required configuration in place/like service configured and started for soamanager enablement.

Here is a refrence blog /people/shibaji.chandra3/blog/2010/02/17/soa-web-service-expose-and-consume-configuration-with-soamanager

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

> Which one do you think best approach; my point of view SOAP to SOAP will be simple and easy.

SOAP to SOAP is easy ok, but perfromance wise Proxy is better than SOAP.

either you can use SOAP to RFC or SOAP to ABAP Proxy.

In Proxy scenario there is no adapter so IE to AE conversion is not there so obviously the performance is good.

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Instead of RFC i prefer to use ABAP proxy, because it is faster:

SOAP (.net) -> PI -> ABAP Proxy (ECC)

Best Regards,

Pedro M. D. Pereira