cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taxonomy syndication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

My requirement is that I have to syndicate material number along with the assigned class along with its attribute names and values in a flat file.

The file would have the below format

Material number Class Attribute name Attribute value.

Could anyone let me know of how to do the same?

Regards

Nilanjan

Edited by: Nilanjan Dey on Jun 22, 2010 2:20 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilanjan,

This thing can be achieved easily using MDM Data Manager:

If you want Attribute's with main table records, Open MDM Data Manager Select current table as Main table in record mode of Data Manager. File>Export To Excel>A pop up window will come where you can Select the fields to export(select here material number and field which is lookup to Taxonomy table i.e class), in this pop up window, you will have other tabs where you need to click the Checkbox for Attributes. now there is a tab Attribute where you need to select Available Attributes to Attributes to Export. so in this manner you will get desired format and result.

Just Check and revert with result.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mandeep,

Thanks for your answer but still I am facing one issue. When I do the file export through data manager I am getting the below format.

Material number Class Atrr1 Attr2 Attr3 and so on.

But I wanted the format to be

Material number Class Attr1 Value

Material number Class Attr2 Value

Regards

Nilanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried at my end but i am not getting any option to make all attribute as one column.I dont think its possible .

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilanjan,

I think you need to change manually in Excel file for your last two fields if you want into this format only. I think this is not Possible either using Data Manager or Syndicator to get into this Specific Format. As you now first row always syndicated out from Data Manager or syndicator conatin field names and rest all rows values.

Since here Your Material Number, Class and Attributes acts like Fields, you will get this as 1strow always and values of records as below rows.

You can check ni Record mode of Data Manager of Main table. In Record Detail tab you have format as

Field and its values

Material number and its value say 123

Class and its value Category name say XYZ

Attribute Name say Attr1, Attr2 etc and its Values say PQR

Since value(PQR) is not a field here not in left hand side, you cant get this format.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mandeep,

Thanks for your answer but still I am facing one issue. When I do the file export through data manager I am getting the below format.

Regards

Nilanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mandeep,

Regards

Nilanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mandeep,

Regards

Nilanjan