cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self life expiration date: QM setting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My query is do we need to maintain any setting for SLED in QM? My requirement is I will put the SLED in UD, once SLED is reached, no consumption/stock posting will be done.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanil and Sujit,

Thanks!

So is it possible in SAP to stop lot generation if expiry date reached? And if there is no control on GR, then can we stop stock transfer in QA32? May be in batch config?

Former Member
0 Kudos

So is it possible in SAP to stop lot generation if expiry date reached?

well that is what Recurring inspection is all about

And if there is no control on GR, then can we stop stock transfer in QA32?

I am not very sure what's your requirement is but in case of recurring GR comes into play only once whereas the stock posting will happen for multiple lots.Batch will be posted to Block stock after expiry date reaches.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes u can stop the any movement for that batch once expirt date get reached because stock get transfer to block.

For any point of movement you can do any posting of that stock once it reached expiry.

Regards

SANIL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarnali,

basic setting u need to do are

In material master plant storage view enter Min. Rem. Shelf Life and Total shelf life, and in quality view enter inspection interval time (inspection lot will be created after these interval ) and activate inspection type 09.

at the time of gr system will ask for manufacturing date and shelf life date of that material. system will prompt error if shelf life is over

during ud u have to enter expiry date and save

material will be posted to unrestricted use

for example inspection interval= 10days then material will be automatically posted to block stock after 10 days.

inspection lot with inspection type 09 will be craeted.

u have to check expiry date and take ud accordingingly.

this cycle will carry on till the expiry date to material.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thats fine. What I was looking for is setting for a hard error that will not allow system to proceed further for stock posting, neither unrestricted nor blocked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try badi INSPECTIONLOT_UPDATE

Former Member
0 Kudos

at which stage u want this error

Former Member
0 Kudos

At the time of GR

Former Member
0 Kudos

folllow the above steps u will get error msg will GR , if expiry date is over or remaining shelf life is less then as mentioned in material master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Related to SLED actually no setting is maintained ........what is maintained is the " Inspection lot interval" which helps in recurring.

This is only QM setting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even if you maintain SLED in UD.

You need to run QA05 where you can create varient to run daily .weekly as per ur requirement.

QA05 put plant.material ,batch itsdepend on ur requirement.

Their u have option to post stock at block when SLED get reached.

Maintain shelf life in material master also.

Regards

SANIL