cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create exceptional inspection lot at the PurO GR

0 Kudos

Hi All,

The scenario what i would want to map in SAP is as follows,

There is a vendor (V) who buys a part from other vendors/sub vendors say SV1 and SV2 and supplies it to the Plant. Now when vendor(V) supplies a part from SV1 the part goes directly to stock (Unrestricted Use), and if it is from SV2 it has to go through Quality inspection.

Is it possible to create inspection lot automatically at the time of PurO if Stock type is changed from 'unrestricted Use' to 'Quality Inspection'? Sincer purchase will change the stock type in PO if vendor informs that the part is supllied from SV2 (for which inspection needed).

Thanks,

Swapnil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Desale Swapnil , I think one user exit may be useful to your scenario ,

QPL10001 QM: Inspection lot creation - editing work area on creation

you could set the lot always creat, but in the user exit, set the codition you need to fullfill while lot created.

0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

Thanks for your reply, just one question for you,

Is this the User exit which is called for inspection lot creation during MIGO transaction ?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to create inspection lot automatically at the time of PurO if Stock type is changed from 'unrestricted Use' to 'Quality Inspection'? Sincer purchase will change the stock type in PO if vendor informs that the part is supllied from SV2 (for which inspection needed).

NO dear when you cahnge the stock type form unrestrcted to Quality ( when QM view is not active )it will post in to QI stock but lot will not be created.

You have to remove stock by mb1b--->321

I hope this input will clear some doubt

0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Thank you for the reply. I'll put the scenario other way round, if I activate QM view in Material Master (Insp. type 01) How can I post that stock directly to 'Unrestricted' since part is usually stocked and only in exceptional case they want to inspect (I think the options are using QIR or DMR) , so now is there any way by which we can create inspection lot if we change the stock type in PurO to 'Quality Inspection' (note:- QIR says no inspection).

Basically the requirement is, material is stock item and in exceptional cases need to have quality inspection for a particular PurO and expectation is auto creation of inspection lot (for this exception).

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply. I'll put the scenario other way round, if I activate QM view in Material Master (Insp. type 01) How can I post that stock directly to 'Unrestricted'

If QM view is active lot will be created at any circumstance Even if you manually try to put in unrestricted.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As Sujit indicated the lot woud always be created. But you can click off "post to QI stock" in the inspection type 01 setup in the material master and the stock woudl then always go to unrestricted. You'd still have the 01 lot to process however.

FF