cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disaster Recovery Soltuion

0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

In the case of Production system unavailable, by the destruction like due to fire or water floods, to avoid the system down-time for couple of days/weeks. We are planning to go for Disaster Recovery solution.

We are planning to go with this solution for our production systems like EHP4 for SAP ERP 6.0/NW 7.01, Solution Manager 7.0 EHP1 systems.

Our landscape was configured in Distributed systems (CI+DB), OS:Win2003 and DB: MS SQL Server 2005.

My doubts are as follows.

1.) I am not able to find any document for DR solution, can anyone guide me where can I find the Documents releated to DR Solution

2.) In the DR Solution Systems as well we need to connect to SAP or not? I mean for remote support or RFC Connections and etc?

3.) Where can I find the Best Practices for DR? I have gone through the Best Practices but not able to find the proper things related to DR.

4.) Can anyone guide me the correct procedure or steps for the DR solution to follow?

I'm planning to do like these OS intallation, DB installation then SAP Installation then copy the Back-up of Production system to Back-up system (DR solution system).

Thanks and Regards

Pavan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

blanca_serrano
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Pavan,

I have found the following documentation about Disaster recovery:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/6b/bd91381182d910e10000009b38f8cf/

frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/f2/31ad5c810c11d288ec0000e8200722/

frameset.htm

Also the following notes:

437160 : MS Disaster Recovery Articles for MS SQL Server

965908 : SQL Server Database Mirroring and SAP Applications

741289 : Profile parameters of the J2EE Engine are lost

(This Note indicate parameters which must be maintained in

the instance profile)

193816 : Restore with SQL Server

799058 : Setting Up Microsoft SQL Server 2005

I hope this information helps you.

Regards,

Blanca