cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release of inspection lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have a customer issue, I need to approve the time of the sample arrival to the lap, without using sample management.

Is there a way to apply a release for the inspection lot, where I can enter the receiving time and date.

Regards,

MaX

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create manual inspection lot of inspection type 89 for approval & analysis

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could set up the insepction type in the material master to not allow automatic assignment. Thus when the inspection lot gets created, it remains in CRTD state because the plan is not automatically assigned. When the sample arrives in the lab, the tech uses QA32 to locate the inspection lot, update the key field to the current time. Then they assign the plan and the sample is calculated. Your key date and start date should now represent the sample arrival time.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Fire but what do you mean by the key field ?? Where is it?

Keep in mind that the I want the date and time of arrival.

Edited by: MaX_00 on Jun 23, 2010 6:17 AM

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In QA02 you'll find the key field on the specifications tab I believe. That is what it is called. The key field is used by the lot to search for a valid inspection plan. If the lot is in CRTD mode, you can change this. It is usually the same as the creation date of the lot.

When you get the sample, go in to QA02 and change the key date to the date the sample arrived.

Time is more of a problem. If you manually created the lot as suggest above the creation date and time could serve as the sample arrival date and time as suggest above. But that has some drawbacks. For one you can't edit the time. So the lot has to be created as soon as the sample arrives to properly reflect the date/time. Two, manually created lots don't always link to the same documents that an automatically created one does and of course manually created ones are not stock relevant.

To the best of my knowledge, the only place I can think of where you can modify, or record an actual time, would be in an inspection point identifer. I would encourage you to look at this functionality.

FF