Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value Dated Credit Memo

nitesh_hatizar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anybody explain me the concept of value dated credit memo with example as I am not able to find out its example.....can anybody explain me with example

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

nitesh_hatizar
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Raja and Lakshmipathi for your help

Edited by: Nitesh Hatizar on Jun 24, 2010 10:39 AM

nitesh_hatizar
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for your reply. Can you pls explain this by giving suitable example. As this is bookish language..

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This was answered recently

Forum post in ERP - Sales and Distribution (SD) General: Re: what is value rated credit memo?

As said pls dont give points to me for this

Regards

Raja

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
as I am not able to find out

Surprising !!!!!!!!

Below is the explanation given by SAP

Credit memos that do not have a value date will be immediately due for payment on the billing date. This means that the receivables and payables will not be reconciled.

When maintaining the billing types, you can choose the function u2018set value date for credit memosu2019.

If this function has been selected in the billing type, the reference billing date has not been cleared, and the baseline date for payment in the base billing document is after the billing date in the credit memo, then the field:

- VALDT (fixed value date) is fillied with the baseline date for payment from the base billing document, and the field

- REBZG (document number) is filled with the FI document number

If the base billing document has been reconciled and/or the baseline payment date is before the billing date in the credit memo, then the FI document number is copied into the REBZG field.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi