cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differentiating Soap receiver scenarios

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to test a webservice scenario(PI consuming a webservice). We dont have the test environment set up for webservice providing system.

I have configured everything in PI, i have the endpoint URL but no valid hostname.

So my question is:

1) if i shoot a request with an arbitrary host name in the URL in Soap receiver channel; Will PI consider that the end system is down and how will it behave?

2) Is there any difference between giving an arbitrary host name and giving a valid hostname which is actually down. how does pi behave in both of these cases?.

3) I believe the time out value which we provide in receiver channel(XMBWS.Timeout) works only when the request has successfully reached the end system and the end system is taking time to respond. If the end system is down then this parameter doesnot make any difference, the time out considered will be the one which we set in NWA - xiadapter.inbound.timeout.default. Is my understanding correct?

Regards

Shailesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
1) if i shoot a request with an arbitrary host name in the URL in Soap receiver channel; Will PI consider that the end system is down and how will it behave

everything will go fine till SOAP receiver channel.....then in RWB the channel will report an error saying receiver not found (or similar)

2) Is there any difference between giving an arbitrary host name and giving a valid hostname which is actually down. how 
does pi behave in both of these cases?.

Valid URL --> message transferred to the receiver without error

Invalid URL --> message does not leave XI/ PI and marked as an error in AE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Reg Query 1, i tried shooting a request, i got an error "Message expired" after 3 min and that is because 'xiadapter.inbound.timeout.default' is set to 3 min.

I am looking forward for the answer for my query 3 which will give a clear picture on how PI times out.

Shailesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

3) I believe the time out value which we provide in receiver channel(XMBWS.Timeout) works only when the request has successfully reached the end system and the end system is taking time to respond. If the end system is down then this parameter doesnot make any difference, the time out considered will be the one which we set in NWA - xiadapter.inbound.timeout.default. Is my understanding correct?

In NWA, it's the global setting. If you mention XMBWS.Timeout in the CC, then it will overwrite the NWA setting for that particular channel.

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neetesh,

I am aware of the point which you have made. But my question is different to what you have understood.

I want to know in which particular scenarios these settings will come to life or in what kind of different scenarios the two settings(values) will override each other.

Shailesh