Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work Flow Issues 2

former_member283645
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Process step in work flow.

A WF can have 'atleast one 'Process step but can have many..

it also says this steps defines which user with which role should start the process.

if person A is assigned to design a WF, does this STEP means his uesr name and role should be mentioned ???

If person B is assigned to design a WF AND THIS WORKFLOW will be monitored or worked by Person C,

does this mean that here Person B while creating this WF should mention only the user person c details???

Q2.

in the options of steps in Process i came accross none otherthan 'execution type'- parallel sequence..

what does this option do logically, in this step we dont define any values then where is the point of processing parallely or sequentially???

may b, the data which should be processed is coming fro previos step??? if so, should we need to include this step allways after a step which transfers data??

If so, in what situations we use this step? Can any one explain with a clear simple example.

Please help!!

Kind Regards

Eva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eva,

Process step in work flow.

A WF can have 'atleast one 'Process step but can have many..

It can be created without process step too. Done it and its working too.

As the Process is a manual step, you need to mention who will have the authorisation to send the workflow to the next step.

Process step is generally used when you want the user to de some operation before gonig to the next step. Other wise you need not keep it.

If you want person C to be the owner, you can define it in the workflow properties as owner = C

Q2.

The steps in a group can execute sequentially or concurrently; similarly, a single step can be performed sequentially or concurrently by its assigned users.

Multiple users or roles can be assigned to a single step. MDM allows you to specify the Execution Type property for each step as it relates to: (1) whether either any single assignee or all of them must perform the step; and (2) if all of them, sequential or parallel execution among the multiple assignees of the step.

Similarly, multiple steps can be organized into a single group, and MDM allows you to specify the Execution Type property for the group as it relates to: (1) whether either any single step or all of them must be performed; and (2) if all of them, sequential or parallel execution among the multiple steps of the group.

For the entire lifetime of a workflow, the same record is present.

Please refer Data Manager Reference guide: page 293. its clearle mentioned there.

Thanks,

Priti

Edited by: Priti Rani Patnaik on Jun 22, 2010 5:16 PM

former_member283645
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

when you say 'you need to mention who will have the authorisation to send the workflow to the next step'

Does this mean that if i have start - val - process - val2 - stop

if i include the name of my manager in process step here then ..

a notification will go to my manager , he approves it then the Control goes to val2 .

is my understanding correct???

q2.

if i include multiple persons in the process step and the execution type is parallel, control waits to get approvals from all the Users in the list ... im confused, can explain in simply words..

Eva

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eva,

When you inclue your Manager as user in the Process step, your manager can login to Data manager with his user credentials and send the wf to the next step i.e. val2.

Only if he does not do so till the duration timeout. he will be notified to do so.

q2.

You are right on this. When you say parallel, unless all the users approve it, the control wil not go to the next step.

Thanks,

Priti

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in workflow you can define process step as many u want depents upon your buisness requirment

abt your question person ABC

in MDM you can define role based (Which means under this role od user can triger the workflow) or specific user can access workflow

abt your question person B to C : person B not require to mention details of person c detail they can directly utilise this workflow

for more detail on execution type you can find in MDM data manger guide page number 292

Thanks,

Jignesh Patel