Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime error (time exceeded) while executing T.code FBL3N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Support Team,

We are trying to execute a T.code FBL3N.with all the inputs like

GL,Company code,All items with posting date ( 01.04.2009 to 31.03.2010).It has been executing for long time and finally ended with an run-time

error (time exceeded).Then we have changed our profile parameter "

rdisp/max_wprun_time" to 15 mins( 900 seconds).But still the problem

persists.We have tried with different possibilites like (small range of date or

only some GL we have selected), but we founnd that display of line

items occupies lot of time.

Can you pls inform which abap parmaters needs to chnaged in RZ10 and guide us accordingly.

Immediate response is deeply appreciated.

Regards

Sandeep.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

franz_hiltscher
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

try to run as backround job.

Kind Regards

Franz

rakesh_ranjan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

Its getting time_out not because of parameter setting but because of long time in query execution. As you have found out display of line items takes long time even with smaller range of input, certainly it looks to be a problem of expensive query which needs to be tuned.

In order to identify which SQL statement takes long time, i suggest you perform ST05 trace for transaction FBL3N and then tune that statement. Might be some indexes got deactivated/deleted or optimzer choosing wrong index or it might be going for full table scan. These are the few basic reason if some transactions all of sudden starts taking long time but earlier working fine.

regards,

Rakesh

franz_hiltscher
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

you should also check your db statistics and update it if necessary.

Regards

Franz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Thank you for the reply.

From the Time-out run-time environment i can find an expensive sql statement which is making the transaction to work too long.I mentioned it in below :

*select * from bkpf into table it_bkpf*

FOR ALL ENTRIES IN it_pos where belnr = it_pos-belnr and

gjahr = it_po

if sy-subrc = 0.

loop at it_pos into wa_pos_tm.

clear wa_bkpf.

read table it_bkpf into wa_bkpf with key belnr = wa_pos_tm-belnr

gjahr = wa_pos_tm

wa_pos_tm-XREF3 = wa_bkpf-TCODE.

modify it_pos from wa_pos_tm transporting xref3.

endloop.

How to run a trace in ST05 T.code?

When i have executed Check DN and update optimizer tasks fom our db13 T.code,Update optimizer has ended with sucess and Check DB has ended with warning.Please see the warning below what we get :

BR0978W Database profile alert - level: WARNING, parameter: LOG_BUFFER, value: 14266368 (>< 4096,512 KB)

BR0978W Database profile alert - level: WARNING, parameter: OPTIMIZER_FEATURES_ENABLE, value: 10.2.0.1 (set in parameter file)

BR0978W Database profile alert - level: WARNING, parameter: PARALLEL_EXECUTION_MESSAGE_SIZE, value: 2152 (>< 16384,4096)

BR0978W Database profile alert - level: ERROR, parameter: QUERY_REWRITE_ENABLED, value: TRUE (<> FALSE)

BR0978W Database profile alert - level: ERROR, parameter: REPLICATION_DEPENDENCY_TRACKING, value: TRUE (<> FALSE)

BR0978W Database profile alert - level: WARNING, parameter: STAR_TRANSFORMATION_ENABLED, value: FALSE (<> TRUE)

BR0978W Database profile alert - level: WARNING, parameter: STATISTICS_LEVEL, value: TYPICAL (set in parameter file)

Please suggest me accordingly as i am not so gud at DB level.

Regards

Sandeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A SAP standard Tcode/function can be analyse better with help of SAP Note / SAP Message : Please have a look on "Note 1135916 - Line items: Help for analysis for long runtime"

Regards;

rakesh_ranjan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

please refer to below message thread to know how to run ST05. You can refer to the links mentioned there as well.

Please note while running ST05:

1. you need to have two login user...one to run the transaction (FBL3N) to be traced and other to execute ST05

2. Make sure both are on the same application

3. In ST05 just give the username who is execuring the transaction FBL3N and start the trace

4. Now you start/execute the transaction FBL3N and let it finish

5. Stop the trace in ST05 and analyze

6. Note down start time and duration for future reference

alternatively you can use transaction ST12. ST12 is advanced, easy and more convenient.

I hope it will help you.

regards,

Rakesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189546
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

What error to you get in SM21?

Do you get a dump in ST22 when the transaction fails?

regards,

John Feely