cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print and Publish Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey all,

I have a problem accessing Layout mode in the Data Manager. All modes after the Family mode are inactive, so I can't choose them.

My repository has a taxonomy table and a family table. The families are partitioned using an attribute of the taxonomy. There is also data in the repository, that fills those taxonomies and families.

Also, I have both the Adobe InDesign plugin and a trial version of Adobe InDesign CS2 installed.

So, if I have all the prerequisites, what's missing?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

There is one more thing you need to do. You need to add a registry key. Go to Start->Run->type in regedit. In the registry, go to HKEY CURRENT USER ->Software->SAP->MDM 5.5->Client->Development. In this folder right click from the right/top part of your screen where you see some existing string values and choose new->string value. For it's name type in "Enable Publication Modes" (without the quotes. Pay attention to the title case. Once you've done that, double click on the string and type in a True value. Again, make sure you use a capital T.

Once this is done. You can connect to your client and see all of the relevant nodes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neta,

thanks so much! This solved the problem I had.

Cheers,

~chris

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

i have few links which can help you.

try to ensure you have followed them.

hope that helps you. reply me if required more to discuss

veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veera,

thanks for your quick reply.

I don't have any PDF Upload problems though, it's just the Layout mode in Data Manager that gives me trouble.

I followed all the instructions in the Reference guides and the WebEx simulations.

As far as I understand, I only need an active family table to be able to access Layout mode, which I have. Still, all the buttons in Data Manager about Layout & Publishing are inactive.

So, if there are any more prerequisites to access the Layout mode, it would be great if you could tell me.

Thanks!

Chris

Message was edited by: Christiane Hofmann