Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

work flow issues

former_member283645
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

Duration timeout: it says lenght of time allocated to the job.

i can see this option in start, process, approve, match steps.

well, when we are configiring the WF step , where does the point of Job come from?

May be if each step is considered as a job!!! IF SO.. "please confirm

if i give

Duration timeout: 2 weeks.

what does it do for these 2 weeks? "please answer

The process of configuring the Workflow properties are already given in the work flow tab like,

triggerring actions: ,record import, update, add , manual

auto launch: immediate threshold.

Can any one tell me when we set the WF properties in WF tab @TRIGGERING ACTIONS=record import

then what 'is' and should be the Duration timeout option in start step and Others should be..

whats the logic behind to include the 'Duration timeout:' option??

Can you explain with an example?? will be more helpfull.

Kind Regards

Eva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

in workflow durationtimeout means which allow you to send notification to user via e-mail then is wokflow trigerred no more validate for e.g if you have set work for 1 week then aprroval has to approve a workflowwith in 1 week of time if user unable to approve in 1 week then nofication send to the user i.e workflow expired no more validate and abt your question during importing of data what is utilization of durationtimeout is genrally depend upon buisness requirement and how u define a workflow for what purpose

Thanks

Jignesh Patel

former_member283645
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

Lets say the work flow is set to execution type on 'record import'

table gets imported every day at 9 am.

Then every morning as soon as import is done wf is activated and the wf start step is activated, the control goes to the further steps to perform the actions..

Meanwhile as the control comes to start step initially it send a notification to the responsible person, if the person does not approve it??

B/w WF triggerring every day

Start step duration time out: 1 week.

can any one let me know what will happen now??

is my understanding wrong??

or can any one explain me with example..

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eva,

Say the Start step -> Duration time out = 1 week.

Now, if the workflow is not complete in a weeke's time, the person in CC: Notification will get a mail regarding it.

There will not be any notification when the control is at Start step.

The other workflows which are triggering everyday, are independent of the above workflow task.

If you go to Data Manager -> Workflow tab -> you can see all the workflow tasks here.

Thanks,

Priti

former_member283645
Participant
0 Kudos

So, once the control is at start step then it starts counting for 1 week by that time control should leave the 'stop' step.

if stop time is > 1week then a mail notification will be sent.

Onthe otherhand even after one week wf will continue its process till it reaches stop step. or wf stops as soon as 1 week is over??? '' please answer

is my understanding correct??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eva ,

Ys your understanding is correct.

actually it works like

MDM workflow can send email notifications when a step has exceeded its allotted time or number of iterations. The notification from the owner of the workflow is sent to all assignees who have received but not yetcompleted the step, along with a u201Cccu201D to the specified users.

Yes it will be in process till the time it will not reach stop step or some error happening in any step.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Edited by: Sudhanshu Agarwal on Jun 22, 2010 7:16 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eva,

Duration timeout: it says lenght of time allocated to the job.

i can see this option in start, process, approve, match steps

Duration timeout comes into picture, when to complete a specific job (process / approve etc) in a scheduled time , needs manual User intervention, and you want to keep a check on it.

Ex: It is similar to any normal process that you would have come across.. where in if you dont complete a specific job with the scheduled time, your senior is notified. In workflow this process is controlled by the Duration timeout option.

Say you get 2 weeks to approve a record, but if you dont do it, a notification can be send to you or anyone else you mention in cc.

The Duration Timeout option will completely depend on the business requirement.

Thanks,

Priti