Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization error after transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am quite new to SAP Sec, I have modified an existing derived role to add additional authorization and generated proflie and then transported to a other system.

But when I check in the test system, The Authorization tab has a warning symbol with yellow color and profile field is empty. Please advise, I have missed anything ?

Regards,

Soyunee

Edited by: soyunee on Jun 22, 2010 3:45 PM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Soyunee,

sorry but may I suggest, that you first check the documentation before you start to perform system changes?

As Alex mentioned already, what you did is not intended. Please refer to the defintioon of derived roles, for instance at [Online docu|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/1c/c38028816c11d396bc0000e82de14a/frameset.htm]

b.rgds, Bernhard

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What change did you make? Was it an org level or did you add/remove auth object or field value?

If you changed anything other than the org level then the warning is to tell you that the derived role is inconsistent with the parent and you need to update the parent, distribute the changes to ALL the roles derived from it and transport them.

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Soyunee,

sorry but may I suggest, that you first check the documentation before you start to perform system changes?

As Alex mentioned already, what you did is not intended. Please refer to the defintioon of derived roles, for instance at [Online docu|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/1c/c38028816c11d396bc0000e82de14a/frameset.htm]

b.rgds, Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Soyunee,

First of all why are you changing the derived role directly? Any authorization changes should be done in master role and pushed down to derived roles.

Yellow fields obviously it would be open fileds. See to that when you generate all field are green. Then finally do user comparsion,then only the profile gets added to the user id. and then transport.

Note: Values need to come from Su24. In auth tab you should not have manual & change objects.

Thanks,

Sri