Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when do su22 (usobx and usobt) entries change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whe have two systems having same sap system versions on them but

authorisation check and proposal entries in su22 (usobx and usobt) are different. For

instance for the same transaction, some authorisation object entries don't exist on one system,

but they exist on the other one.

Can the reason of this difference be patch level difference or

installed component difference?

I guess so, but I'm not sure. Also I wonder, for instance if there exists a new authorisation check for a transaction in the newly applied patch or snote, which table entry is effected, sap (usobx and usobt) or customer (usobx_c and usobt_c) tables?

Which factors change these entires?

Thanks in advance..

MERAL

5 REPLIES 5

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes of course the installed components and patch levels influence the SU22 data (SAP standard values).

Standard changes are delivered for SU22 by SAP and you can take them over to SU24 (cusotmer data, may be customized). Sometimes values are delivered by uploadfile attached to a sap note, you can use then report rsu22upld to upload them into your tables.

Implementation of new checks and/or authoriztion proposals have to be done after each support package implementation. the standard tool for that is SU25.

There is a lot of documentaiton available regarding SU22, SU24 and SU25.

b.rgds, Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your quick response, Bernhard..

I had asked difference between two systems in my post..

I also want to clarify what I understand about modification of usobx, usobtc, usobx_c and usobt_c tables ..

In a system, when I compare usobx table with usobx_c table, I see that there are some differences. In usobx_c table there is no record having "modified" field X, I mean these are not modified by us. Does this mean, regarding to your words, because of some patches or notes, some entries in usobx table have changed and these patches or notes didn't change usobx_c table, so we see a difference? (Also usobt and usobt_c tables)

However, mustn't an implemantion of a note, patch or an upgrade effect customer tables as well as sap table? Because customer table shows the current settings, doesn't it?

MERAL

0 Kudos

Hello Meral,

> I had asked difference between two systems in my post..

once again: yes of course the installed components and patch levels influence the SU22 data (SAP standard values).

> In a system, when I compare usobx table with usobx_c table, I see that there are some differences. In usobx_c table there is no record having "modified" field X, I mean these are not modified by us. Does this mean, regarding to your words, because of some patches or notes, some entries in usobx table have changed and these patches or notes didn't change usobx_c table, so we see a difference? (Also usobt and usobt_c tables)

Yes, that could have happened.

> However, mustn't an implemantion of a note, patch or an upgrade effect customer tables as well as sap table? Because customer table shows the current settings, doesn't it?

No, this is an old misbelieve. it would be correct, that SAP values are only changing SU22. No doubt, that some corrections by the applicaiton also update SU24 directly, what is in fact not completely correct but for business need more simple. But the standard procedure would be to deliver SU22 values and you as cusotmer decide to take them over to SU24. As mentioned, that is to be done in SU25 after patch implementation or upgrade. SAP notes cannot deliver such table content change, the values are always delivered as upload file. With the upload program you can decide if you want to update SU24 as well in one step.

b.rgds, Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maral,

Go thru the link:

Thanks,

Sri