cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP POWL - set default query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on SAP travel and expenses component, and I want to set the default POWL query to All My Expense Reports instead of All My Travel Requests on the My Trips and Expenses Page.

The 'personalize' option provided will only change default query for my user, I want to personalize it for all end users. I tried Administrator personalization of Web Dynpro component but it won't work.

Any idea how can we change the default query within POWL. I checked SPRO configuration too (POWL_QUERY, POWL_QUERYR, etc), but none of them provides functionality to set default query.

Thanks,

Deepa Balani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the thread is a bit old but anyway...

You can set the default query in the webdynpro configuration. Go to SE80, select the Web dynpro (POWL) application you want to configure.

Go to application configuration, double click on the configuration and Start configurator.

navigate to the correct row in the component usage tree (for example POWL) and click the button "Go to component configuration".

In the new window, select "Display" and in the configuration context navigate to "confData". Then you should see Attributes of the Element confData. There you should have a field "Query ID". Go to change mode and set the value of the field to your desired default query.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

You can also personlize this for a particular user from personalization link.

Best regards,

Rohti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rohti,

I need to personalzie it for all users and not just one particular user. Thanks though for replying.

Regards,

Deepa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepa , Pls look in to the below link

See the second point in topic Setting Up in Customizing

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60/helpdata/EN/42/d6652b755c1630e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

Transaction code s:

Define default quer for Roles : POWL_QUERYR .

Define default quer for Users : POWL_QUERYU

Regards

chinnaiya P

Edited by: chinnaiya pandiyan on Jun 22, 2010 2:47 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chinnaiya,

those transactions are for defining new queries, but I have the queries alreday defined. I just want to change the default from one query to another. Thanks though for replying.

Regards,

Deepa

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it just that you need to redefine the order of the default queries within a given category?

in which case the transactions that Chinnaiya mentioned will allow you to change the sequence of the queries within a given application.

If it is a standard POWL - then you are most likely to need to maintain POWL_QUERYR.

Just edit the entries and update the query sequence number - lowest sequence comes first.

Hope this helps,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chris,

I made the change in POWL_QUERYR and updated the tab and query sequence numbers as required. But this is still not showing the desired effect. Any idea?

Regards,

Deepa

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This might be (I'm not completely sure) that by running it once for the user with the old order it has then saved this order in the user's personalisations/preferences. I remember having issues when I was adding queries to applications that user's that I had previously used were not getting them. I think I resolved this by deleting all the saved POWL references for the user, I think this may have been personalization, but it also may have been other tables (sorry was a while ago). After doing this the issue was fixed.

To test if this is the case - I could suggest creating a new user id and logging on with that - check if the problem is sorted for that user first - if it is then go down the path of trying to remove saved preferences for your existing users.

Hope this helps,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepa,

As Chris mentioned this could be a problem with old POWL references. Deleted the old queries of the user with POWL_D01 report and then try again.

It should work..

Regards

Lavanya