cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to select test cases efficiently for a test package?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I would like to ask you if you have found a way administer how to assign test cases to test packages and test packages to testers. For regression tests this assignment remains relatively stable (often the key users).

Do you know a way to administer this within the solution manager - or do you recommend the old excel table.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you try test Management workcenter?

Where we have structured tabs on left hand side for effective test management.

Like Test Packagement, Tester worklist, reporting etc..

You can also do sequencing of test cases with workflow. I have tried out workflow. Its really working out good.

Hope this helps.

Feel free to revert back.

-=-Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ragu!

Thank you for your answer! My question was regarding the organisational side, I didn't get this clear.

I know how to generate a test package and how to assign a tester to a test package but where do I get the information which test packages I need and which tester to assign to which package.

Maybe a good option is to assign the tester as a team member on the process step level. Thus the assignments can be listed with SOLAR_EVAL using "Assignments / Test Cases" with option "Display Team Members". This list would help to generate the test packages. The selection of the test cases for the test package has do be done manually because there seems to be no filter for team members.

Regards,

Martin