cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending data to multiple SOAP/HTTP URL's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody,

I've a requirement where I've to get a CSV file from JMS adapter and then post the file to multiple Target URL's using a single SOAP receiver communication channel. But as far as I know, in the SOAP receiver adapter, we have the option of providing a single Target URL. So, how can we post the data to multiple Target URL's in this scenario?

Please help.

Thanks,

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can create a Java Mapping and make all the calls you want from inside it. It's also easier to handle requests if calls depends on some previous calls responses.

Regards,

Pablo

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
So, how can we post the data to multiple Target URL's in this scenario?

You have to create multiple target channels sending out the same data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mates, abhishek salvi is in the right way, you should create the same number of adapters than u need. Then assign the interface to the appropiate channel.

Good luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I do not know the number of URL's. In the runtime, the URL's will be retrieved from a PI table based on some criteria. So the number of URL's will change every time.

Since the URL's will be determined in the runtime, it is not possible for me to create the communication channels beforehand.

And other suggestions/ideas please.

Thanks,

Vijay

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can dynamically set URL using dynamic configuration in the mapping program.

Check "Adapter-Specific Message Attributes" section in this link: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/29/5bd93f130f9215e10000000a155106/content.htm

Edited by: Praveen Gujjeti on Jun 22, 2010 3:53 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

The URL can be set dynamically via dynamic configuration which I am already aware of. The question is on how to send the same data to multiple URL's. Just so you know, the URL's are determined in the runtime (Please see my previous post)

Thanks,

Vijay

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use BPM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Considering the performance factor, is there any way other than BPM?

-Vijay

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think so. We can use multi-mapping without BPM but we cannot set Dynamic configuration for individual messages as it will be a bulk message.

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>In the runtime, the URL's will be retrieved from a PI table based on some criteria

May be you can split your scenario from JMS to File then from File to SOAP to avoid BPM.

For JMS to File use multi-mapping concept(without BPM). Logically generate messages according to the PI table conditions.

The second scenario is straight forward ...:)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

Why don't you use the Enhanced receiver determination to create the Receivers during run time, So that u will have the control over the Target system count.

For Ex: If the no.of URL's selected during runtime are N, Then you can create N receivers.

Thanks,

Kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for the inputs. I went thru your suggestions, but two scenarios don't look feasible in my current scenario. I will try with BPM.

Thanks,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Creating receivers during runtime??? Any doc/wiki/blog/SAP help???

-Vijay

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Kiran,

>

> Creating receivers during runtime??? Any doc/wiki/blog/SAP help???

>

> -Vijay

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SI/StepbyStepguidetoExplainEnhancedReceiver+Determination