cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO Approval Workflow ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

iam working on PO Approval Workflow. that is as below.

A systematic approval process is triggered when a purchase order is created or changed. The system determines the approver and then automatically assigns the task of reviewing the purchase order for approval. Once the approver releases or rejects the purchase order, the requestor and or buyer is notified immediately.

CRITERIA USER TO QUALIFY PURCHASE ORDERS FOR APPROVAL

There may be as many as four levels of authorization based on standard maximum rupees limits that have been established.

As soon as the purchase order gets approved at each level, an email notification will be sent to the next higher level approver for intimation. The PO creator will create the PO and release it. An email notification will be sent to the commercial head requesting him to release the respective PO from his side. After releasing, the notification email will be sent to the PO creator and the work item will be sent to the commercial once again for approval based on the PO net value. This will be repeated till the final release of the PO based on the net value of the PO.

After the final release of the PO, an email notification will be sent to the PO creator, or and the commercial head.

u2022 Release strategy configuration must be done for determining the level of approval. The release strategy configuration will be as follows.

Sr. No Release strategy Release Code

1 Z1 01,02,03,04

2 Z2 01,02,03,04,05

3 Z3 01,02,03,04,05,06

Release strategy Amount in Rs

Z1 0.0000 - 2000.0000 USD

Z2 2001.0- 20000.0000 USD

Z3 >20000.0000 USD

Release Code Authorization Level

01,02,03,04 User,Department Head,Budget head,GM Procurement

01,02,03,04,05 User,Department Head,Budget head,GM Procurement,Chief Officer

01,02,03,04,05,06 User,Department Head,Budget head,GM Procurement,Chief Officer,CFO /CEO

Iam confusing on this requiremnet plz. suggest me how can i approach.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

suresh_subramanian2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Akash!

You have to develop a custom method in your delegated business object , say zbus2012, to choose the approver based on purchase order value.

So, your method should first determine the release code based on purchase order value.Say,Z2 is determined, then your the task that which is meant for release ( for example TS2000016) should loop around 4 times by the 4 respective approvers to release it.

Regards,

S.Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Thank you.I got the idea. but iam unable to write code. Plz help me regarding some sample code. how can we fetch it?

suresh_subramanian2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Akash!

You have to write code in the following style:

IF po_value <= 2000.0000.

release_code = z1.

ELSEIF po_value >= 2001.0000 AND po_value <= 20000.0000.

release_code = z2.

ELSE.

release_code = z3.

ENDIF.

Next step is you have to hard code the total approver levels depending on the release code.Lest, you can iclude the total approver levels in the above code itself.

Followingly, you have to export total approver levels and respective release codes to loop around.

Regards,

S.Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please help me in remaining code also. Please iam a new one. Please help me regarding this.

suresh_subramanian2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Akash!

Please take the help of ABAP consultant who knows BOR programming.

Regards,

S.Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use Standard workflow WS20000075.

Please activate the event linkage of this workflow from SWE2.

Maintain the approvers in Release Strategy definition.

Thanks

Arghadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh, Please can you provide your personal email ID.?

My problem is not yet solved. please help me regarding code, how to send email for based on Release. please..

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The idea of this forum is that YOU do the work, and if you run into problems you can ask questions here.

Don't expect other people to do your job for you.

Good luck.