cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Java Dictionary types globally accessible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there!

Can I reference a dictionary type in my WebDynpro Application context that has been declared in a different WebDynpro/Dictionary project?

If so, how?

Thanks,

Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin

Yes you can do this. The dictionary project must have a public part of type COMPILATION with some types added to the public part. After referencing the pablic part from your Webdynpro project you can lookup the types in Type Selection dialog.

BR

Sergei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergei,

Thanks for the reply. Are you saying this in only possible with DC type developments? Will the type I create be visible to a non-DC WebDynpro Application?

Thanks,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergei,

I went and checked it out, and in fact it seems that both Developments have to be DC.

I will reward you the full 10 points.

Thanks for your help.

Martin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

have you made any experiences about presentation formats with simple types?

In my case I reference some types out of a Dictionary DC to WebDynpro, but all the format patterns I've defined are ignored (max. length, fraction digits, etc.).

When I definet he types directly in WebDynpro-Project everything works fine!?

Do I have to use some WebDynpro references (Sharing references, Library references, ...)?

Thanks,

Achim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Achim,

I'm sorry, but I have not had experience with this type of scenario before. I have not been doing WebDynpro for very long.

The way I understand it is exactly as was explained to me in this thread, that you have to create a public part on the Dictionary project and then reference that in your WD project, but I have not even got that to work yet.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

thanks anyway for your effort!!!!

I'm going to start an own thread now.

Maybe somebody has a solution for my problem.

Achim